Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

January 17th, 2013 13:00

Minimized AppPortal Window becomes active automatically

Hopefully I can explain this in an easy to understand way.

First the environment:  vWorkspace v7.6 installed on Windows 2003 R2 32bit

Issue:  We have an application published on the vWorkspace server (Fourth Shift) where after periods of inactive periods you get 'bumped' to different screens.

Now, if a client is running this Fourth Shift application and then has minimized it to say start an email from his local machine - once that published app screen changes it automatically pops up and becomes the active window.

I've noticed this myself when I had Outlook open via AppPortal while I was working on a local application and then multiple emails seemed to come in to cause the 'Published Outlook' window to refresh - it became the active window on my client machine.

Any way to prevent this?

Thanks

228 Posts

Hello Mike,

There is a Windows setting configured via the registry called ForegroundLockTimeout. This is typically set to 2 seconds by default, it is used to prevent other applications from stealing focus from the active window. The timeout applies after the last activity on the active application, you may want to experiment in increasing the timeout to see if this helps your issue.

There is some information about it here http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78463-stuff-pop-up.html and you can find more from Google.

I hope this helps

David

37 Posts

Hmm, no way to edit the previous post that I can see.

Anyway, in case it helps the vWorkspace server has Hotfixes 228142 and 242538 installed

37 Posts

January 17th, 2013 15:00

I don't think this would take care of it, as there isn't usually 2 seconds between keystrokes while typing.

After doing a quick test  (on my system FlashCount is 7 and LockTimeout is 200000) and all is good with mouse activity, it's just when there's either no activity (no big deal then to me) and keyboard activity which causes issues

37 Posts

January 17th, 2013 16:00

Just did a test after upping my LockTimeout value to 500000 and all it did was extend the period of time before the AppPortal screen took focus.

37 Posts

January 18th, 2013 17:00

I tried this little tweak and it's not doing anything to help prevent the issue.

I upped the value to a pretty one too (5000000) and didn't do a thing

No Events found!