Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2015 08:00

No internet on Windows 7 clients for 3 minutes then fine - only for new users

Bit of a wired one here. 

Running Windows 7 VDI with vWorkspace 8 and use thinshell to connect to the hyper-v machines

I have created some new users in AD but when i log onto the VDI the internet doesnt for for the first 3 minutes of the session and gives a readresponce() error. After 3 minutes it jumps into life and everything works until the users logs off. When they log on again they are back to square 1. 

Existing users do not have this problem. However, if I delete the metaprofile of an existing user then they DO get this problem and cannot access the internet for around 2-3 minutes. 

We use a proxy server and up to today creating new users hasn't been a problem

August 24th, 2015 01:00

Hello,

When you login with the new user, take a look at the networking icon in the bottom right hand corner. Does it have the warning mark or the "working circle" (Can't think of the correct name for what used to be an hourglass) 

I wonder if it is determining the network location and doesn't let you out of your subnet until it has figured out where you are.. 

Also, you say you're back to square one once you log off but that existing users are fine thanks to Metaprofiles, 

When you then delete the metaprofile of the existing user, they have the 3 minute delay too but what happens when they logout/log back in again. Does it then keep working for them? If it does, it means that they must have different Group Membership and are saving more into their metaprofile than the new users. That could make this an easy fix.

On a different tack, how are your Proxy settings set? GPO, login script etc.

Thanks, Andrew

No Events found!