Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 8th, 2010 05:00

Published app (via Web access) - any way to make the window resizeable?

We have an application that launches child windows for reports, etc. Some users want to be able to resize the window (as they apparently *could* in Citrix) for the app to be able to show more/all of the report.

I'm not seeing any such option in the "locations / app servers / (list of apps) " - but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for this.

vWorkspace 7.1 MR1 on Server 2008 (x64, no SP2 due to app vendor)

11 Posts

October 20th, 2010 03:00

Shawn Sloan wrote:

Not sure if this is really fixing that issue or not Robb.  I'm finding that today it doesn't matter what the EOP X settings are.  I have confirmed, however, that using native Win2008 "RemoteApp" works correctly by taking vWorkspace completely out of the picture. If I had a bit more time on my hands, I would install this software on a 2003 environment to see what difference that made.

as i commented on another thread...

I just upgraded 7.1 MR1 to 7.2 Beta 2.  Inplace upgrade...  I changed my buggy application to " use Microsoft Seamless window mode" and now it works very well. This appears to be the fix at the moment.

October 8th, 2010 06:00

Hello,

Are you using Seamless mode?

Click Preferences | Display and tick Enable Seamless mode

Does the first Window allow you to resize it and then the child windows don't?

Please post up a screenshot of what you can see and I should be able to help

Cheers, Andrew.

8 Posts

October 8th, 2010 12:00

We have Seamless Mode and Smart Sizing enabled. 

Will have to get a screen shot of the problem later this morning.

vw-screen.PNG

October 11th, 2010 07:00

Ok, looking forward to seeing the screenshot of the problem

Also, please confirm, Does the first Window allow you to resize it and then the child windows don't or can't you resize the first window either ?

22 Posts

October 20th, 2010 00:00

Andrew, if you did not get your screenshot from  Gregory, I can provide a similar one.

22 Posts

October 20th, 2010 00:00

What fixed it for me was to confirm that EOP Xtream was all on or all off.  VWS mgmt console check properties on the TS/RDS server for experience optimization and either enabled with RDP pass-through OR disabled.  Then confirm that the webaccess is set to same...this may be in WebAccess Admin console or client settings if you allow user to customize.  Either way see that it is either enabled or disabled to be the same as TS/RDS server.  You will need to make sure that the client reloads on the workstation before testing and relogin.

I believe that these setting dont usually have to be the same...but for some reason this resolved for me.

11 Posts

October 20th, 2010 01:00

Not sure if this is really fixing that issue or not Robb.  I'm finding that today it doesn't matter what the EOP X settings are.  I have confirmed, however, that using native Win2008 "RemoteApp" works correctly by taking vWorkspace completely out of the picture. If I had a bit more time on my hands, I would install this software on a 2003 environment to see what difference that made.

No Events found!