Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2016 13:00

Sessions Fail to Delete

Has anyone run into an issue where sessions are failing to delete?  Since the last major and most recent upgrade we are seeing an issue where on the first hypervisor the sessions fail to delete themselves and create a new machine.  On the second hypervisor everything is fine and works as it should.  I've been on the phone with support for it previously and when they are done everything works but then within weeks it is back to the same issue.  just curious if anyone can shed some light on the situation or maybe has had the same issue and a solution.  The error for the individual sessions is:

"Delete failed.  The given key was not present in the dictionary. - Call Stacks - at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary * 2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at Quest.vWorkspace.VirtualCore.HyperV.DataCollector.HvRequests.ParseResponse (String response)
    at CDataCollectorMessenger.HvGetVmVhdData(String strUser, String strPwd, String strWmipath, List * 1_vhdData)
    at ChyperVClone.getVmVhdInfo(vector >*,VcSrvInfo*srvinfo, Cstring >>*vmWmiPath)"

Thanks in advance.

32 Posts

March 17th, 2016 13:00

We have exactly the same situation. I can resolve it by evacuating the hyper-v server and rebooting it. i did some tests with restarting both dell Services but this does not help.

we have the problem on different servers when they installing Windows updates and rebooting in the middle of the night. in this situation the servers were not evacuated and restarted with some disconnected, connected or loged off Desktops.

at the moment we stop the automatic Installation of Windows updates on the hyper-v server

at least, we have to delete the desktops direct in the database bevor reboot the server.

we upgraded 4 months ago to 8.6 MR1, bevor this never happens

March 18th, 2016 04:00

Hello,

That error is fairly generic and can be caused by several things.

However, the most common cause in 8.6.1 is a problem with a child process of pndcsvc.exe;

1. On the HyperV, stop the Quest HyperV Catalyst service and temporarily set it to Disabled

2. Open up task manager

i) If pndcsvc.exe is still running, end task it.

ii) If pnvcstub.exe is still running, end task it

3. Make sure that neither process restarts themselves

4. Change the Quest HyperV Catalyst service back to Automatic

5. Start the Service

Let me know if this fixes it again for you. If it does, we are working on a fix for this issue. 

Thanks, Andrew.

March 23rd, 2016 10:00

Andrew,

I will try this after hours.  After submitting a SR Ticket we thought the issue was resolved but to no avail and started again with both hypervisors instead of just the 1.  I'm assuming we should drain the vWorkspace cloud before doing so and forcibly remove any that aren't deleting themselves before doing this, correct?  Thanks and I will keep you posted.  Is there an ETA on the hotfix or a place where we can track things that are in the pipeline?

March 23rd, 2016 10:00

Thanks for the information.  We were having performance issues and upgraded back in November and basically traded one issue for another.  I'll keep that in mind with the windows updates when updating.

32 Posts

March 24th, 2016 07:00

we had also performance issues, but in our case it was the migration of the hyper-v servers from 2008R2 to 2012R2.
if you have broadcom (in our case hp dl360 g8 331FLR) Gigabit Adapter be sure disable vmq (www.aidanfinn.com)
if you have 10Gig adapters (in our case dell r630 and hp dl360 g8) be sure to config the vmq correctly, and install ms hotfix KB3031598

after that, the performance issues were gone

March 24th, 2016 08:00

This is a project we've taken over but we have the Broadcom NetExtreme 1GB dual-port adapters.  Normally we don't deviate from Intel Nic's, just more reliable and easier to update all around.  Anyway, thanks for the heads up and I'll have to look into that.

March 24th, 2016 10:00

Onemightyleg, I'm confused by your question - is it for a secondary issue ?  You shouldn't need to drain the pool with the method I gave.

No Events found!