Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2011 09:00

Smart resource assignment

Hi,

I am searching for a possibility to assign a application to a AD group, but only if a second requirement is met (e.g. the workstation should be in a specific ip-range). I know this is usually more the terrain of AppSense Environment Manager and such, but does anyone know tricks to accomplish more or less the same in a pure vWorkspace environment?

Regards,

Patrick Warning

173 Posts

March 16th, 2011 09:00

I don’t think this is possible today. It is more a matter of ‘OR’. Note that when you assign an app to a IP range, users will still have to authenticate.

You can also play with the ordering of the resources to give you a more complex assignment set of options. See attachement. Whichever is highest on the list will win in case of a conflict.

March 17th, 2011 07:00

I haven't played with the resource ordering yet, but wonder how this will bring any smart assignment options. It looks more like it will do "OR" and will be working cumulative.

Patrick

Edit: OK, I see the explanation in the admin guide. It won't allow me to combine the different client types, but I'll check what can be done with the way it is now.

30 Posts

March 17th, 2011 14:00

Resource ordering is effective for some resource types where the last resource appied would win, like the Policy resource.  Unfortuately though, this won't have any effect resources like Managed Applications.  For this resource type, you really need AND and/or NOT assignment capability.  It's not possible today but we have been seriously thinking about how we'd add this functionality.  There are lots of use cases that would benefit from this ability.

No Events found!