Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SV

December 6th, 2012 06:00

Speed up shortcut creation start-menu

Hi,

I've been breaking my mind about something. When you disable the creation of unnessecary shortcuts using vWorkspace console would that speedup the startmenu creation.

Knipsel.PNG

We add the apps using a custom startmenu entry but I can imagine that when you have the above settings checked (while you don't use them) it could take some time longer to create these shortcuts. So when you uncheck them would that speed up things a little.

regards

Sijtze

December 6th, 2012 07:00

Hello,

That controls how AppPortal creates shortcuts if running it in Desktop Integrated mode.

You normally only see this on the Client machine (Unless you've installed AppPortal in the RDSH server)

It would not change the creation of "Remote Desktop Shortcuts" which I believe is what you're talking about.

Thanks, Andrew.

December 6th, 2012 07:00

He Andrew,

Oke thanks, then I will leave it this way.

regards

Sijtze

December 6th, 2012 08:00

Hey Sijtze,

fI you want to leave the Remote desktop shortcuts assigned in the console but not actually create them, you can consider modifying C:\windows\system32\pnshell.cmd

Modify each line that mentions pnshell.exe and append /noshorts to the end.

This means it will not modify the shortcuts. Eg, It won't delete the old ones and it won't add the currently asigned ones.

Thanks, Andrew

No Events found!