Highlighted
andydev6
1 Copper

ThinShell Configuration

Jump to solution

Hi There,

We have just installed a new vWorkSpace 8.6 into a client site. While all is working well at the minute our next step is to roll out thin shell onto a bunch of windows 7 machines which are not on the domain.

I have installed Thin Shell 2.5.3 and configured the the windows shell to load it on logon. 

I have used the presets on the thinshell configurator to set my domain as STM my broker as SMVW and the port as 80 but everytime I login get "The Data is Invalid". 

I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. Anyone any Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: ThinShell Configuration

Jump to solution

The data is in valid error usually points to the application display name not being set or incorrectly set or the user does not have permissions to launch the application.

5 Replies
TechnoTrol
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Try setting up your configuration file using the ThinShell Configurator.

I have frequently had problems doing it manually and asked on the forums and someone directed me to use it. I have never had issues after that.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The data is in valid error usually points to the application display name not being set or incorrectly set or the user does not have permissions to launch the application.

andydev6
1 Copper

Jump to solution

that's correct when I input the application display name as it is in Vworkspace I was able to launch machines. 

I ended up just reverting to the shell Mode rather than native as is suited me better. 

0 Kudos
larjona
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi

I cann't access to that link. Web says:

Access Denied
You do not have permission to view/download this item.
Can you help me?
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos