Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

October 25th, 2010 13:00

User account lock out

Hi,

I am getting an issue with my user accounts being locked out instantly when using cached credentials to authenticate to the vWorkspace farm. After doing some investigation and checking the event logs on the connection broker server, I am seeing that when the credentials are passed from the end point device to the connection broker (for enumeration & farm authentication) the connection broker tries repeatedly to enumerate the user name and password against AD; which ultimately results in a locked user account. This is a repeatable symptom.

From the user interface, the only visual feedback received is a message stating that the users account has been locked out. Error code -2147022987

Ideally I would like to give a user experience where a user who inputs their credentials incorrectly would get prompted again to enter their correct credentials.

Is there any way to get the message displayed in the event logs of the connection broker server back to the user so that they can correct their user name or password? This would also not force a support call!

If anyone can assist, that would be much appreciated.

Nisit

28 Posts

Nisit,

Are your users using AppPortal?  If so, this is a known issue and has been fixed in 7.2 beta 2.

-Adam

9 Posts

Adam,

you're correct. The users are using AppPortal.

Thanks for the update.

Is there any way to get round this in the interim?

28 Posts

October 26th, 2010 02:00

I don't believe there is a work-around at this time.  Under normal circumstances, the user will get re-prompted for their credentials.

No Events found!