Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 20th, 2016 08:00

VDE For Linux - Error starting qdcsvc

Hi All

I've a customer (public university) with two enviroments, one with vWs 8.6.1 (Production) and a Demo Lab to tests vWs 8.6.2, both using VMware vSphere 6.0 U2.

I have a very limited knowledge in Linux.

- From DEMO lab:

Now, we trying to install a Linux VDI with:

CentOS 6.8 Clean

Desktop Enviroment.

VMtools version 10

When I try to install VirtualDesktopEnviroment (qdcsrv) version 8.6.2, installation it's successfully, but if I start service an error it's displayed:

/usr/local/bin/qdcsvc: Error while loading shared libraries: libwinpr.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

If i install VDEFORLINUX version 8.5 works fine.

Where is the problem? 

- From Production Enviroment:

How can I update VDEFORLINUX in production VDIs?

Actually, we have pools with CentOS and VDEFORLINUX version 8.5 but FreeRDS are using English Keyboard and we need to change to Spanish layout. Is it possible?

This customer have 3 domains with trust relationship and they can login into Windows machines but not in Linux with AD users from 2 domains. Users from AD where is the VM logs fine.

Thank in advance.

Antonio

December 22nd, 2016 08:00

This issue has been identified as a defect and raised with our Product team. A list of “Resolved Issues” is published in the product Release Notes accompanying new releases that can be referenced to identify if a fix for this defect has been implemented. Product Release Notes are available in the “release notes and guides” area of our Support Portal at quest.com/support
No Events found!