Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2013 20:00

VW8 and SCVMM 2012 SP1 integration

Hi All,

I'm new to vWorkspace and trying to get to grips with the product.  I trought I covered all the pre-reqs for SCVMM 2012 but its still not working.

Basically I'm a bit stuck with provisioning VM's using SCVMM.  I get the following error:

There were no results for Action = unknown action, CVdiMachineScvmm copyParentVHD ERROR Copy operation for "WINDOWS 2008 R2 TEMPLATE-20130416213728.vhd" failed ERROR CHyperV scvmmGetUncPathsForDriveBasedPath Access is denied. Exception from HRESULT 0x80070005 E_ACCESSDENIED Access is denied. Exception from HRESULT 0x80070005 E_ACCESSDENIED

Can someone please help me.  I suspect I just need to add the quest service account into HyperV or SCVMM somewhere at a guess but I've already tried to add it to a few places.  one of them is the Library where I have placed the Template but still no luck :-(

Many thanks,

Wikus

57 Posts

April 17th, 2013 07:00

It sounds as though it is an issue with permissions and the broker helper service, can you refer to "Knowledge Article 77561" on our support site, that will guide you through resolution. Please let us know if this is not the case.

4 Posts

April 17th, 2013 07:00

Thanks Matt,

I actually searched through the KB but nerver found anything.  Thanks for the info, I'll try it this evening and let you know.

Cheers,
Wikus

4 Posts

April 17th, 2013 21:00

Thanks Matt - The second of the two options in the KB worked (running the service as account with SCVMM local admin rights).

I have a different issue related to my template name which contains the word "Windows" so I've found https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL104333&pr=vWorkspace

Hopefully this will resolve but if not I'll create a new topic.

Cheers,
Wikus

No Events found!