Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 18th, 2010 00:00

Where to find 64bit Print-It Client?

Hi

I am using Print-It Server version 5.6.4 and need to locate a 64bit Windows client.  I do not want to upgrade to a new version because it will cause other complications on my server.  I have all the clients except the 64bit one because at the time no one had 64bit OSes so I never bothered to download the client.  However now I have client who upgraded their computer and in the process was given a 64bit version of windows so now the 32bit Print-It client no longer functions.  I would like to know where I could find a copy of this client or if someone has it whether they could email it to me.

Thanks,

Simon White

48 Posts

February 10th, 2011 19:00

Hi Simon,

PNTools is equivalent to the full terminal services vWorkspace install. It installs the virtual host, NOT the client portions. PNTools is not for TS/RDSH, it is intended fo VDI, single user virtual desktops such as Windows XP and Windows 7. Don't use PNTools.

Download the vWorkspace x64 7.2 install package.

Extract it with winzip. 

Go to the CONNECTORS folder, open it

Go to the PRINT-IT folder, open it

You'll find pnupcli64.exe and pnupcli64.msi.

These are the x64 client installers, size 3.6 and 4.2 MB respectively.

regards,

Rick

1 Message

February 8th, 2011 15:00

I have the same exact problem! I have tried with PnTools 7 but they don't work

Anyone have a 64bit copy of print-it / pntools 5.x? Exist a place where I can download it?

Thanks

Marco

5 Posts

February 8th, 2011 18:00

I do not believe there is a 64bit client for version 5.  You have to update to the newer version but I did not do this as it will cause too much disruption for all the varied users of my server.  So on my new servers I am using 2X and if I get any customers with 64bit clients I either move them to a new server or I install their print driver on the old server if it is appropriate.

48 Posts

February 8th, 2011 19:00

Hi Simon,

There was a 5.9 x64 client.

Version 5.6.4 is about 4 years old and with version 7.x we support Server 2008 R2 as well as Server 2003 x64 and Server 2008 (R1) x64 (and x64 desktop Windows versions). The version 7.2 x64 Print-IT client can be found under the CONNECTORS folder in the 7.2 distribution and could still be compatible against a version 5 Print-IT server.

The whole idea of going for a universal printing product is to get away from the potential headache of the consequences of bad printer drivers in a larger TS/RDSH/VDI environment and of course also for efficient WAN printing. If that isn't a concern then using a much simpler product like 2X is understandable

PNTools is for the virtual host (Server/VDI) side of things, not client-side.

regards,

Rick

5 Posts

February 9th, 2011 00:00

Hi

When I called support about this several months ago I was never told there was 5.9 x64 client.  I wished I had downloaded the 64bit client when I had the chance but now that my support has expired this is not possible so I am stuck with version 5.6.4 like I suspect others are.  Upgrading to a new version is too much hassle as I have clients across the country and it would potentially cause me more trouble than it is worth to get everyone updated.

Simon

48 Posts

February 9th, 2011 01:00

Hi Simon,

Try the 7.2 x64 client. If it doesn't wprk I'll see if I can find a 5.9 x64 client for you. Download a trial x64 version of vWorkspace to get the client.

Rick

5 Posts

February 10th, 2011 12:00

Hi

The new PNTools installer is huge (28mb) compared to the old Print-IT (2mb).  Is there a way to just get the Universal Print Driver separate from the other tools.  The reason I ask is that I have users all over the country and I just know they will not pick the right items to install from the PNTools menu.  They already make mistakes just using the older Print-It client.  It would be much simpler if there was Print-IT only installer.

Thanks,

Simon

No Events found!