Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 14th, 2017 09:00

Will vWorkspace 8.6.3 be the last version?

Dell announced last year that it will shut down development in vWorkspace.-:(  Big question for us: is vWorkspace 8.6.3. really the last version or may we expect newer versions (f.e. 8.6.4)?

In the Product Life Cycle table the dates for full support for 8.6.3. are left blank. Normally, this dates are filled in when a new version arises. Since it is unclear whether or not a new version will be developed, I would appreciate it if Dell would indicate till which date version 8.6.3. will be supported anyway (f.e. "8.6.3. will be fully supported till 1/1/2019 or later") ? 

August 15th, 2017 10:00

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. 

vWorkspace version 8.6.3 is the last release, but we will continue to monitor any defects and publish critical hotfixes as needed, as well as the connector updates.  It’s normal to leave the Product Life Cycle dates blank for the most recent release. 

We will continue to support our customers through their maintenance terms.

I hope this answers your questions above.

August 17th, 2017 10:00

Hello!

As you have stated vWorkspace does still leverage MSXML 4. However installing/upgrading to MSXML 6.0 does not remove the previous version that vWS uses.

We would suggest though that you "test" this on a Broker first and run for several days prior to upgrading your entire environment. This way if you encounter issues on the Broker it can be easily replaced.

If you do run into problems please open a service request on support.quest.com and the support team can assist further.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Trevor

August 24th, 2017 05:00

Thank you,

I have talked to the Support Team and they are discussing this query with Dev currently. I will ensure they keep you updated via the Service Request.

Regards,

Trevor

4 Posts

August 17th, 2017 07:00

VWorkspace still installs MSXMLv4 - which is no longer supported by Microsoft. Are there plans to fix this?

4 Posts

August 18th, 2017 01:00

Hi

But, as you said installing a later version of MSXML would not remove MSXML v4 - the point is that MSXMLv4 is not supported by Microsoft anymore, and is therefore now considered to be a critical vulnerability and should be removed from every device on the network.

August 22nd, 2017 06:00

Hi again,

Can you please raise a service request for vWorkspace on support.quest.com and the Support team can investigate this further for you?

Regards,

Trevor

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 07:00

Hi

I had already logged a support call with Quest - but I don't think they understood the point I was trying to make (happy to take this offline and have a conversation about this).

4 Posts

August 22nd, 2017 08:00

Hi 

The Quest ref is  SR Number:4092931

August 22nd, 2017 08:00

Hi again,

No problem at all, could you send me the service request number and I can arrange for this conversation to be taken up offline for you.

Regards,

Trevor

No Events found!