Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2013 05:00

Windows 8.1 Internal error occured when using web acces

I've recently upgraded mij PC to Windows 8.1.

When i'm logging in to our Web Access portal en start an application I get the following error : Internal error occured.

Details :

OS                          :Windows 81. x64

Connector version     : 8.0.1186 from hotfix 271675

I was wondering if there is a workaround for this issue ?

Regards

Misha

October 25th, 2013 15:00

Hello,

No trouble at all. Glad to get it out to you guys.

Looks like Michel has just blogged about it too which means it is now on our main website and can be downloaded from https://support.quest.com/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL115599 in case anyone else is after it.

Thanks, Andrew.

228 Posts

September 26th, 2013 06:00

Hello Misha,

The current vWorkspace 8.0 release offers full support for Windows 8 but at this time Windows 8.1 RTM is unsupported. The 'Inernal Error occurred' message is a known issue when using the vWorkspace 8 Connector with the Windows 8.1 RTM build, although I am not aware of any workaround at this time.

The next version of vWorkspace, due later this year, will provide support for the Windows 8.1

Regards

David

37 Posts

September 26th, 2013 16:00

FYI...

Happens using the full AppPortal client as well

10 Posts

October 19th, 2013 05:00

Goodmorning,

Is there any known workaround available at this time?

Regards

Misha

180 Posts

October 19th, 2013 06:00

A connector update would be good about now... We have had 23 users who have upgraded to 8.1 log calls (so far).

Dan

4 Posts

October 19th, 2013 20:00

I agree that a hotfix should be available asap as we are about to roll out vWorkspace to all users who would be updating to their Windows to 8.1 as of now.

173 Posts

October 21st, 2013 08:00

We are working on a resolution but please be patient.

As you know vWorkspace 8.0 does not support Windows 8.1 so please do not upgrade if possible.

4 Posts

October 21st, 2013 16:00

Michael,

Thank you for the update.

However, what I don't understand is that Windows 8.1 RTM and Preview had been out for several months and I would think that Dell would be testing the Connectors with these versions for compatibility issues; and if problems were found, then Dell would try to resolve them in order to be ready for the general availability of Windows 8.1.  Additionally, IT cannot controll end users' home computers and tell them not to update.

Lucky for us because we are about to roll out vWorkspace as the sole Remote Access solution for our users.  Had we rolled this out last week or earlier, then none of our Windows 8.1 users would be able to work remotely and this would not reflect well on our IT department for a new service rollout.

We need a commitment from Dell to be proactive in updating vWorkspace whenever Microsoft and/or Apple update their OS's.  We cannot afford to have vWorkspace breaks when for example the next Windows service pack comes out and have to wait a month or more for a fix.

180 Posts

October 21st, 2013 21:00

As a vWorkspace fanboy I would just like to reiterate Perri ng's comment... 8.1 Preview has been available for a while now and we as IT can't be expected to control every end point... This hurts us pretty badly and does have a negative impact of vWorkspace with our users (and management)... At least a simple Communiqué would of informed us of this "setback" and allow us the time to communicate to our users!

We're now entertaining being part of the DaaS space for other (smaller) institutions where, again the end-point device is out of our control. It's 2013... I shouldn't have to worry about the end user device! I'm here to provide a service afterall.

I'm under increasing pressure to fend off Citrix and VMware who, at a user perception level, put the user first.

Cheers.

10 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 04:00

Like Daniel & Perri already stated, Windows 8.1 has been available for quiet some time now.

I can't imagine that a big company like Dell / Quest doesn't have the resources to anticipate in time.

Stating that vWorkspace 8 doesn't support it and that we'lll have to wait for a new version of vWorkspace sounds really weird to me.

I hope the developers have got something up their sleeve and come up with an hotfix.

72 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 06:00

Agree , with all - in our environment we cant control what the Users are bringing on campus

Again as Dan was saying the likes of Citrix and VMWare are knocking on our door ..

Not quite the issue we are talking about but if you looking at the reviews of the Citrix for Win8 / tablets - not that positive !!! ,  vmware horizon view client looks better

I guess for some the only workaround at the moment is prob to use the Java client  ?? , or a more up to date HTML5 client solution

October 23rd, 2013 10:00

Hello Guys,

The Java Client does seem to work with Windows8.1

I recommend you add the Java Connector to your WebAccess sites so that you have a workaround for your Windows 8.1 users for now whilst we wait for the new connector.

Thanks ,Andrew

10 Posts

October 25th, 2013 14:00

Thanks Andrew for sending hotfix 318187, it works like a charm.

Send out a thanks to the developers aswell.

Regards Misha

Some extra info :

Backend still runs 7.6.

Virtual Desktops got PnTools 8.0 installed

RDS Servers run vWorkspace 7.6

10 Posts

October 28th, 2013 06:00

Good morning Andrew,

What i noticed during the install is that it's labeled as vWorkspace 8.0 MR1, does this mean that MR1 will be available soon.

Any ETA on MR1 and is it a good idea to wait for it since we've got the upgrade from  7.6 to 8.0 of our backend planned.

No Events found!