Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 17th, 2011 05:00

error Rapid Provisioning

Hello ,

I very frequently getting below mentioned error while doing Rapid Provisioning using vWorkspace 7.2 MR1 + SCVMM 2008 R2 SP1 

"cHyperv::scvmmCreateVmUsingDiffdIsk; Exception Calling 'CreateDifferencingVirtualdisk" : ' invalid Parameter '::Invalid Parameter"

If i do Standard provisioing it works fine, i do not unnderstand why is this error occurs only with Rapid Provisioning,

Please help

-Mohit Goyal

80 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 09:00

Hello Roman,

Appologies for delay reply... i got this issue resolved and was also a good leaning for me.

I was working on creation of a Demo server for my client and my setup was supposed to work with Forest Trust between client domain and my demo domain. Windows Hyper-V server on which all VDI were to be created was in client domain and later i found these issues werebecause of  Hyper-V and SCVMM were not keeping thier trust with each other as they are in different domains. As soon as i joined Hyper-V server to demo domain ,it started working although i already made client`s domain admin as local admin of the server and administrator in SCVMM.

My issue got resolved . thanks for your support and help

- Mohit Goyal

80 Posts

May 17th, 2011 06:00

Hello i got another strange error....

Hey i was thinking that there must be some kind central Please to find such standard errors

provision error.jpg

Please help..

Right now provisioning is completely stuck due to this..i am looking for a desperate heo from you.

-Mohit Goyal

80 Posts

May 17th, 2011 11:00

does anyone have any idea about how to fix these errors...

May 17th, 2011 18:00

Hello Mohit,

Can you try/confirm the following?

Is the account specified in the SCVMM Management Server has Administrator rights in the SCVMM Console

1. To edit SCVMM Management Server open vWorkspace Management Console
  2. Expand “vWorkspace_Farm”
  3. Right Click “Locations” and select “Management Servers”
  4. Select the “Microsoft SCVMM” connection and select “Properties”
  5. Select the “Servers & Credentials” tab
  6. Document the account used and select the “Test Connection to Server”
  7. Is it successful?

To ensure account listed above is an administrator in the SCVMM Management Console perform the following

1. Open SCVMM Admin Console
  2. Select the “Administration” tab on left bottom side on console
  3. Select the sub-tab “User Roles”
  4. Right click on the profile group “Administrator” and select “Properties”
  5. Select the “Members” tab of the User Roles window
  6. Is the account documented from the vWorkspace Management Console SCVMM Connection a member of this list?
No Events found!