Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2010 21:00

iPad connector: There are currently no logon servers available...

I must be doing something boneheaded...

Trying to connect from the iPad through our Secure-IT gateway to the broker.  I've set up the farm and location just like they would be in AppPortal for an externally located user, but when I attempt a connection, I receive the error:   "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

The iPad has Internet connectivity.  I know it has nothing to do with the app, but I can even visit the Web-IT page in Safari from the device.  Point is, I know it can resolve the gateway name, likes the certificate, etc.

PC based users are getting in via AppPortal without issue.

My location in the config is set to use https.

I've tried the FQDN of the broker and also the IP address.  Neither are resolvable / accessible from the Internet, but I am under the impression that the secure gateway settings further down the page will set up a secure tunnel that will take care of that issue.  Broker tcp port is correct as 8080.

I have NAT off, and RDP over SSL on - again, just like they would be in our functional AppPortal config.  Our secure gateway FQDN is able to be resolved on the Internet, so that's what I entered in the secure gateway field along with the port, as in "portal.ourdomain.com:4443".  Our Secure-IT gateway is handling both broker and web traffic, hence the non-standard port.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

34 Posts

December 15th, 2010 21:00

OK, so by filling in the broker name and broker tcp port with those of the secure-it gateway, I was able to get a list of managed apps, but they don't connect when I tap them.  "Could not establish a connection to the server".   A little closer...

72 Posts

December 16th, 2010 06:00

i had this error too...

turn out we need to add the vdi broker host and it's port 8080 open on the wireless firewall

and it worked !!! - this is onsite testing

we also tried it offsite via a VPN clients ( download vpn client from app store ) enabled on the ipad , and this works too.

prit

34 Posts

December 16th, 2010 11:00

Thanks.  Will have to investigate the VPN client and see if that affords us any security options.  With the vWorkspace iPad connector willing to save credentials, and the iPad itself being very portable and not very secure (no centrally enforcable security policies that I know of), I don't know how we can let our employees use this.

5 Posts

January 10th, 2011 17:00

We ae suggesting that users not save their creditials and enter their username, password, and domain as they log-in to prevent unintended access.  This is easier than a VPN and as secure as a laptop.

34 Posts

January 11th, 2011 12:00

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark.  I'm just untrusting by nature.  I have nightmares where they save the password despite our written policy, then one of their kids gets done watching a Netflix movie on the iPad, and says "Oooh...  what's this vWorkspace app?"  We need a way to lock it down, and I guess that's going to need to be multi-factor auth.

5 Posts

January 11th, 2011 13:00

You are right, as I experienced over the holidays anyone can pick up your iPad and go to any app.  I think there is a password setting for the iPad though.  I haven't tried it yet but the screen does shut down and it could be comparable to screen password protect on PC.  Might be simpler than multi-factor authentication.  I haven't seen multi-factor for the iPad, have you?

53 Posts

January 12th, 2011 13:00

Hi Guys,

Keith Graham the iPad Connector product manager here at Quest. At the moment we are recommending that customers use the passcode protection that comes in-built in the iPad, but I agree there is a need to secure the vWorkspace App too. Would you consider it a suitable solution to have a passcode facility within the vWorkspace Connector so that upon starting it can require the user to enter a passcode? (i.e. a multinumber PIN like the iPad itself supports today).

Thanks

-Keith

7 Posts

May 13th, 2011 16:00

I'm using a GoDaddy cert which seems to be supported out of the box, and also can browse to my web access portal without any complaints of SSL cert.

Hello Brian and Steve,

Don't forget you have to store the certificate on the iPad which must be trusted. Maybe this is the missing part.

Cheers,

Dennis

7 Posts

I'm having this exact same problem, "no logon servers available". Using SSL Gateway with the exact settings of working App Portal. Did anyone figure out how to correct it?

Can you send a screenshot showing that your GoDaddy cert has been trusted on the iPad.

Can you also send a screenshot of how you configured the vWorkspace connector on the iPad.

Maybe we can find something in there.

7 Posts

May 13th, 2011 20:00

OK, here are the screenshots. I blanked out my domain just to be safe.  I have SSL and Broker roles on different machines, but have set up port forwards for each that work great with AppPortal. Broker is on default of 8080 as well as SSL using 443. I tried using a full vm.domain.com:443 and that didn't help.

I don't know how to confirm the cert is trusted, but assume that it is since I got no warnings at my webportal.

ipad1.jpg

ipad2.jpg

May 14th, 2011 06:00

Hi Brian,

When you want to connect with the vWorkspace Ipad Connector over the SSL Gateway you have to configure the Location different.

You have to click on HTTPS and not HTTP and then..

Broker name/ip : vm.domain.com

Broker TCP Port: 443

NAT: depends on your network can be ON or OFF

RDP over SSL: ON

Secure Gateway: vm.domain.com:443

For checking the certificate go to Settings --> General --> See if your godaddy certificate is trusted

Cheers,

Dennis

1 Message

July 18th, 2011 13:00

Same problem here:

- Am able to connect via Appportal.

- Have entered the same set-up information in the iPad app as is working for the Appportal

- Have tried entering borker name alone and broker name:443 and secure gateway name alone and secure gateway:332

- Get "no logon servers available" error message every now and then when I try to access the farm

- All other times I try to access, I get "vWorkspace Error The data is invalid"

Any ideas would be well appreciated.

7 Posts

July 18th, 2011 14:00

I tried all the recommend settings with no luck in Android or iPad. I had to move on to other projects, I hope someone can figure this out though.

No Events found!