Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2014 08:00

upgrade to new version -> mixed mode

We are planning to upgrade to 8.0.1. our environment must be up for 24x7, so all our servers are load balanced and redundant. Is it possible to work with different versions of vWorkspace in 1 environment? let's say I have 2 brokers one 7.6 and the other 8.0.1? or 1 secure gateway 7.6 and the other 8.0.1? and of course the RDSSH servers, can the run 7.6 and 8.0.1? The mixed setup won't be forever, just a couple of days. Because of the 24x7 uptime we cannot reboot every server whenever we want.

January 16th, 2015 08:00

With 8.0.1 and onwards, You can upgrade all your Brokers.
The RDSH will continue to work but the management consoles will error.

11 Posts

May 8th, 2014 06:00

Hi Sam, Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to perform a staged upgrade for the brokers and RDSSHs? The only thing I can think of is that the vWorkspace console is not working for servers with a older version? Am I wrong? (and I can life with that for a day :-))

57 Posts

Hi Sander,

Unfortunately not no.

All Brokers and RDSH servers should be on the same core version, you can't have a mix.

However, if your secure gateways were completely independant servers with no other vWorkspace role installed, you could leave them both on version 7.6 whilst you upgraded the main farm (brokers & RDSH) or upgrade the SSL gteways first to 8.0.1, then the main farm to help acheive a 'staged' upgrade.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Sam

11 Posts

Hi Sam, Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to perform a staged upgrade for the brokers and RDSSHs? The only thing I can think of is that the vWorkspace console is not working for servers with a older version? Am I wrong? (and I can life with that for a day :-))
No Events found!