Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 26th, 2018 15:00

vWorkspace 8.6.saving thin apps to local computer

Hey I have vWorkspace and have published a few different applications such as word however in the vWorkspace client but i can't save word files to my local PC? Is there a way to save to your to your local pc with the Vworkspace client? 

3 Posts

March 4th, 2018 13:00

Ahh my bad I just checked a client i still had here on my Mac, the button is marked as "Drive Redirection" 

3 Posts

March 4th, 2018 13:00

If I remember my vWorkspace clients well, and this depends on the client your using: When creating/starting the client session you should be able to select from the settings an option which is labeled something like "Mount local drives" it should be a toggle or check box. *see my note below it is actually "Drive Redirection"

This is all predicated on weather the administrator of the machine has allowed the option. If they haven't you may not be able to toggle the option. 

If you're the administrator of the vWorkspace remote machine you should be able to configure it to automatically mount the local drives so you don't have to toggle the setting. 

If you want to save them to a thumb drive on the local machine I'd suggest you have the thumb drive plugged in before you select mount local drives and make your connection to the remote session.

Once you have your local drives mounted and showing in your client's explorer you should be able to select the local drives from the "save to" file explorer. 

4 Posts

July 31st, 2018 15:00

When I look at all of my drives and thumb drive options on the Clint computer my connector everything shows grayed out. What are some things or setting that would cause this issue? ( "Mount local drives" it should be a toggle or check box' is grayed out for me). Were can I change this setting ? 

No Events found!