Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2015 09:00

vWorkspace on vSphere vs Hyper-v

Hi there,

Anybody tried #vWorkspace with VMWare?

I'm planning to move our setup to VMWare as I think it works better in terms of performance and stability.. Any thoughts...?

Regards,

92 Posts

September 14th, 2015 07:00

We have been using VMware with vWorkspace for 12 years. I also wanted to try Hyper-V so I did. Changed completely over to Hyper-V for our VDI with vWorkspace. vWorkspace did great, but Hyper-V would just start having corrupt VMs so that I had to redeploy them. Hyper-V took more of my time since I had to baby sit the system. True though I did setup SCVMM with a File/Hyper-V Cluster, but I wanted the same HA ability that VMware was giving me. The new 8.6 without SCVMM might work better, but I went back to VMware and will continue to use it.

29 Posts

September 15th, 2015 01:00

Hi Greg, if you have been using VMware, may I ask you which kind of storage do you use? Local storage? SAN? Do you use your ESXis in a cluster?

Regards.

September 17th, 2015 05:00

Hi Greg, 

Thanks for sharing your experience... I'm in the same bought as you I believe.. I have spent time to master VMWare and I'm more conformable with VMWare than any Hypervisor, that's the reason I want to move back to VMWare where I think it works just better than Hyper-v, in HA flexibility, performance, DRS, networking... you name it.

I think I will start building up a test/development environment using VMWare and will see how that goes. 

Just hate Hyper-V.... 

Regards, 

No Events found!