Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2010 09:00

vWorkspaceConnector for linux and the Web-Portal

Hello everybody,

i hope somebody is been able to help me.

I try to use the "vWorkspaceConnector for linux" in combination with the vWorkspace Webportal.

We use the preinstalled connector on a igel thin-client.

I can open firefox and login to the web-portal. Whenever i try to start an application or desktop i can only download the *.pit file.

On Windows i still have to link the *.pit-files to the pntsc.exe. I try the same on the tc, but nothing happened. I also try to link the files with the "qrdesktop" and will get an error-message "Could not get session number".

Has somebody a solution for this "little" problem?

regards,

Meerkat

1 Attachment

October 4th, 2010 13:00

Hi Malko,

nice to meet you in here. I assume that like always you are using the current or even a beta image of the IGEL Linux OS for your testing device.

A few minutes ago i viewed the current feature support guide and i have to admit that i am not sure about the Web-IT support in detail. Do you mind to try to launch your published applications with the JAVA client instead of the factory installed vWorkspace Connector. I would be interested in if this go through without any issues. Even if the seamless mode isn't supported and you have to be satisfied with the published application within a window at the moment the JAVA client normally works just fine.

Further on we will try what happens with our UD5 with the current IGEL Linux OS image installed if we try the same within our testlab. I will follow up on you right after.

Regards

Holger

October 4th, 2010 14:00

IGEL is using the latest Linux Connector with their current image 4.04.100 of their IGEL Universal Desktop LX / IGEL Linux OS. The image was relased on August the 20th. And as far as i know Malko is using this image with his device.

17 Posts

October 4th, 2010 14:00

I am not sure if iGel is using the latest Linux Connector in their images but you should be able to make an association to /usr/local/bin/launcher for PIT files and it should work just fine.

3 Posts

October 4th, 2010 15:00

Hi Holger,

hi Stephen,

my Igel is running at the latest FW 4.04.500.01 (released two weeks ago) with the Linux Connector 7.0.

But there is no path to /usr/local/bin/launcher. There is a dead end at /usr/local

I called the igel-support and asked about the path to the Linux Connector.

The path is: /services/vws/bin/ and there is a launcher file and  much more (see attachment). But nothing happened when i linked the *.pit  to the launcher-file.

Regards,

Malko

path.JPG

October 5th, 2010 06:00

Malko, i am not aware about if you already did, but we updated your support case at IGEL with this information. We have the same issue with our UD5 here.

17 Posts

October 5th, 2010 12:00

I am investigating this and will have an update for you all as soon as I figure out what is going on with the iGel and our launcher binary.

October 5th, 2010 13:00

Stephen,

the corresponding support case at IGEL Germany is SID20101004DE03DEMMG. The associated support engineer is Marcus Grube at Grube@igel.com.

Holger

17 Posts

October 5th, 2010 17:00

Thanks for the information Holger.  As soon as I test this some, I will let you know what is going on.

3 Posts

October 13th, 2010 07:00

Stephen,

do you have any (good) news for me about the "Igel Thin-Clients" and the linux connector?

Malko

17 Posts

October 19th, 2010 14:00

After digging into this quite a bit, I have found that the Quest Linux Connector is not in the PATH on the iGel TC's.

If you set the PATH variable to include the iGEL /vws/ path it will work fine.

Do this:

• Create a new Local Terminal Session on the iGEL device
  • Login to this Terminal Session as 'root'
  • type the following command:

PATH=PATH:/services/vws/bin/

export PATH

Associate *.PIT files with the LAUNCHER binary from the /services/vws/bin/ folder

Login to Web Access via your FireFox Web Browser on the device, click an application and viola...should work perfectly fine now.

I have tested with Firmware 4.04.500_public as well as 4.04.550_public.

The reason we need the PATH set properly is that we use LAUNCHER as a sort of proxy to the PNTSC binary in the /services/vws/bin/ folder.  LAUNCHER massages the PIT file and then PNTSC actually starts the Control Server to launch a session.

Give it a shot and let me know if this works for you as well.

-Yorke

17 Posts

October 19th, 2010 15:00

To get this set properly, one would have to change the Global setting file on the iGEL device.  I am not sure if this is possible as it would appear that the iGel device is running in a CHROOT/UNIONFS/SQUASHFS file system.  Any change which is made may not be saved globally.  If all devices use a CHROOT/UNIONFS/SQUASHFS file system, all changes will revert back on reboot.  I have not used the iGel management software so I am unsure if this would be able to set/save Global PATH variables.

If it is possible to change the OS loading to set the Global PATH environment, you may want to take a look at the file:

/etc/environment

or the file:

/etc/init.d/rc-environment

You will have to set the 'export PATH' statement in one or both of these files and restart the Thin Client.  If not, this is something that iGel may have to incorporate in a later flash which will resolve the Web Access launching issue which they currently have in any flash which has the vWorkspace Connector for Linux 7.0 embedded in them.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance here guys.

-Yorke

No Events found!