yorker1
1 Copper

RE: vWorkspaceConnector for linux and the Web-Portal

After digging into this quite a bit, I have found that the Quest Linux Connector is not in the PATH on the iGel TC's.

If you set the PATH variable to include the iGEL /vws/ path it will work fine.

Do this:

• Create a new Local Terminal Session on the iGEL device
  • Login to this Terminal Session as 'root'
  • type the following command:

PATH=PATH:/services/vws/bin/

export PATH

Associate *.PIT files with the LAUNCHER binary from the /services/vws/bin/ folder

Login to Web Access via your FireFox Web Browser on the device, click an application and viola...should work perfectly fine now.

I have tested with Firmware 4.04.500_public as well as 4.04.550_public.

The reason we need the PATH set properly is that we use LAUNCHER as a sort of proxy to the PNTSC binary in the /services/vws/bin/ folder.  LAUNCHER massages the PIT file and then PNTSC actually starts the Control Server to launch a session.

Give it a shot and let me know if this works for you as well.

-Yorke

0 Kudos
Highlighted
yorker1
1 Copper

RE: vWorkspaceConnector for linux and the Web-Portal

To get this set properly, one would have to change the Global setting file on the iGEL device.  I am not sure if this is possible as it would appear that the iGel device is running in a CHROOT/UNIONFS/SQUASHFS file system.  Any change which is made may not be saved globally.  If all devices use a CHROOT/UNIONFS/SQUASHFS file system, all changes will revert back on reboot.  I have not used the iGel management software so I am unsure if this would be able to set/save Global PATH variables.

If it is possible to change the OS loading to set the Global PATH environment, you may want to take a look at the file:

/etc/environment

or the file:

/etc/init.d/rc-environment

You will have to set the 'export PATH' statement in one or both of these files and restart the Thin Client.  If not, this is something that iGel may have to incorporate in a later flash which will resolve the Web Access launching issue which they currently have in any flash which has the vWorkspace Connector for Linux 7.0 embedded in them.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance here guys.

-Yorke

0 Kudos