Dell Recycling Computer Hardware Recycling Service for Home, Home Office, and Small Business Customers Service Contract - Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY ORDERING THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "CONTRACT") WILL SUPPLEMENT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY APPLICABLE OVERRIDING SIGNED AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND DELL (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DELL'S STANDARD KEY CUSTOMER PURCHASE AGREEMENT) OR, IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH AN AGREEMENT, DELL'S STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. (See https://www.dell.com/policy/legal/termsofsale.htm.)
The Computer Hardware Recycling Service provides a way for consumers to recycle certain Dell and non-Dell CPUs, monitors, printers, and peripherals as well as Dell-branded ink and toner cartridges (collectively, "Computer Hardware").
- You must pack and ship the products in accordance with Dell's instructions, including but not limited to instructions regarding weight limitations and quantity and types of items to be recycled.
- You must make the packaged products available for pickup by the carrier identified by Dell, provided that, for the ink and toner, you are responsible for mailing the products as set forth in the instructions. Products will not be returned to you.
- You will ensure that the material shipped is only Computer Hardware and no other products or materials. You also will ensure that the products shipped match the products described in your order.
- NOTICE REGARDING CUSTOMER DATA: You are responsible for all confidential data that may be stored on the products. Before you ship the products for recycling, you are responsible for: (a) deleting the data on the hard-disk drives and any other storage devices in the products; (b) backing up or transferring any data prior to deletion; and (c) removing any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, or PC Cards. (See: FAQ on www.dell4me.com/recycling for additional information.) Dell does not accept liability for lost or confidential data or any software.
- NO CONTAMINATED PRODUCTS: This service is not intended for products that are or have become contaminated or suspected of being contaminated with chemicals, biological agents or other substances that are not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal office or household environments. Products that may be contaminated must be decontaminated prior to recycling. Dell does not offer decontamination services. See www.dell.com/environment for additional information.
- If you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this Contract, then Dell is not obligated to provide the service to you. In addition, the carrier may refuse shipment and you may incur additional fees.
You may cancel this service by 11:30 p.m. Central Time on the same day that the service is ordered and obtain a refund or credit. No cancellations beyond this time period. To cancel your order, call Customer Care at 1-800-WWW-DELL. Shipping and handling charges may not be refunded.
DELL WARRANTS THAT IT WILL PERFORM THE SERVICE WITH COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE CARE. DELL MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, SO THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
DELL DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN. DELL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT DELL IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PURCHASE OF SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Dell does not represent that you are eligible for a charitable tax deduction as a result of using this service.
- The services detailed in this Contract are only valid in the continental United States.
- Neither party will be liable for its failure to fulfill any obligation under this Contract due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
- This Contract is non-transferable and valid for one customer only.