Using both in-band and out-of-band tools together allows for a more fault-tolerant and complete remote management solution. Remote, out-of-band connections complement traditional in-band software tools to improve troubleshooting, shorten response times and help minimize unplanned downtime.
The MergePoint Unity appliances provide remote users the capabilities of a direct, physical connection to KVM, USB and serial ports of servers and other IT equipment from anywhere.
Features and Benefits
- Advanced Remote Management – Provides secure and remote, out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB and serial ports to complement existing in-band software management tools
- Meet Service Level Agreements and Minimize Downtime – Unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure or restore equipment
- Virtual Media – Enables USB media such as CD-ROMs, flash memory and external drives to be virtually attached to a remote server's USB port
- CAC/Smart Card Support – Utilizing the virtual media capabilities remote or local users can map a USB-based smart card reader to the attached servers and authenticate using their smart cards
- Enhanced Serial Adapters – Supports standard, remote SSH connections to the attached serial devices and includes electronic pin-out options for quick and easy connections to the console ports on Cisco network equipment
- Power Device Port – Connect supported PDUs for integrated power control, measurement and reporting
Learn more about Avocent’s MergePoint Unity appliance:
MergePoint Unity Data Sheet ( 989KB)
MergePoint Unity User Guide ( 2.0MB)