Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports available in five port increments through Ports on Demand Licensing at 12, and 32 universal ports(E, F, and FL)
- Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 50 switches. Larger fabrics may be certified as required.
- All Brocade switches and Directors
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec full duplex; 8.50 Gbit/sec full duplex; Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; Speed matching between 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8Gbit/sec ports
- Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking allows up to four ports between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with an aggregate speed of up to 32 Gbit/sec for optimal bandwidth utilization and load balancing.
- 128 Gbit/sec end to end
- 1.2 µsec with no contention, cut-through routing at 4 Gbit/sec. Latency increases as input port speed increases and becomes disparate from out put port speed.
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, N_Port, and E_Port; self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast and broadcast
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) laser. Short-wave up to 500 m (1,640 ft), and Long-wavelength up to 10km
- Simple Name Server, Registered State Change Notification (RSCN). Optional fabric services include: Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade ISL Trunking; Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring; Brocade Web Tools.
- SFP media, Ports on Demand, Advanced Fabric Services
- Management software supported
Telnet; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Brocade Advanced Web Tools with Ease of Use and Ease of Setup; Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Manager (optional)
10/100 Ethernet port (RJ-45); Internal Serial port (RS-232); In-band via Management Server
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds— without media
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-Operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Operating: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Storage: Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
Operating: 20G for 6ms
Non-operating: 50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 GRMS Random for 15 minutes
- DC Input 12V and 3.3V from chassis
Power consumption About 32 Watts
- The M5424 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
Navigate network complexity with Dell EMC Services
Dell EMC network consultants provide expert guidance to help you optimize and transform the network environment for the demands of today’s multi-cloud infrastructures. Our deep infrastructure and application expertise combined with sophisticated network analysis toolsets address a wide range of network technology and process challenges.
Leverage the Dell EMC ProDeploy Enterprise Suite to get your network installed and configured. Our experts can free your IT staff to focus on your core business, minimize downtime and give you the confidence that the job will be done right, the first time.
Gain access to ProSupport technical experts who can assist with your most complex networking challenges. The Dell EMC ProSupport Enterprise Suite provides networking support around the clock and around the globe, helping your team maintain a high level of productivity.
Dell EMC offers flexible training programs so your staff can build the right skills to successfully manage and utilize your network to its full potential. Through our personalized approach, your staff gets the exact training they need to improve productivity and adoption, decrease downtime, and reduce end-user support calls.