Optimized scalability and performance
Increase storage scalability and performance with up to 24 NVMe drives and a total of 32 x 2.5” or 18 x 3.5”drives in a 2U dual-socket platform.
- Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
- Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS Citrix® XenServer®
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi
- 24 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, speeds up to 2666, 3TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 192 GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal controllers:
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem:
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240GB
External PERC (RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBAs (non-RAID):
External- 12Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID)
Internal- HBA330 (non-RAID)
- Front bays:
Up to 24 x 2.5” SAS/SSD/NVMe, max 153TB Up to 12 x 3.5” SAS, max 144TB
Up to 4 x 3.5” drives , max 48TB Up to 4 x 2.5” SAS/SSD/NVMe, max 25TB
Up to 4 x 2.5” max 25TB
Up to 2 x 3.5” max 24TB
- Accelerator options:
GPU* and FPGA options are available only on 24 x 2.5” drive chassis. Nvidia Tesla P100, K80, K40, Grid M60, M10, P4, Quadro P4000, NVIDIA V100 or Intel Arria® 10 GX
- Form factor:
- TPM 1.2/2.0 optional Cryptographically signed firmware
- Network daughter card options:
4 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE + 2 x 1GE or 4 x 10GE or 2 x 25GE
VGA, 2 x USB 2.0, dedicated IDRAC Direct Micro-USB
VGA, Serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Up to 8 x Gen3 slots, Up to 4 x16
- Optional LCD or Security bezel
- Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1100W,
1600W, and 2000W
48VDC 1100W, 380HVDC 1100W, 240HVDC 750W
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy Up to 6 hot plugs fans with full redundancy. Up to 6 hot plugs fans with full redundancy.
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
Microsoft® System Center
BMC software (available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Optimize flexibility and densityBenefit from scalable storage performance and data set processing with the PowerEdge R740xd server. This 2U, 2-socket platform brings you scalability and performance to adapt to a variety of applications. Choose up to 24 NVMe drives, or a total of 32 x 2.5” or 18 x 3.5” drives. As you scale your deployments, scale your productivity with embedded intelligence and automation from iDRAC9 and the entire OpenManage portfolio designed to simplify the IT lifecycle from deployment to retirement.
- Software-defined storage
- Big data server
- Data analysis
- Service providers: data tier
Accomplish IT transformation with Dell EMC PowerEdge servers
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protectionDell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Maintain control of server updates with intelligent, embedded authentication designed to allow only properly signed updates.