PowerEdge R440 Rack Mount Server
Designed for dense, scale-out computing
Gain performance and density in a compact 1U, 2-socket rack server for HPC, web tech and scale-out infrastructure.
Dell.com Exclusive: Incl. 30% Off
Video: The PowerEdge R440 Rack Server 1:38
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge R440 Rack Mount Server
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives for 2nd RAID Container
SATA HDD Info
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
Embedded Systems Management
Hard Drives (PCIe SSD)
iDRAC Service Module
Optics & Cables for Network Cards
Fibre Channel Adapters
NVMe and PCIe Storage Adapters
Power Management BIOS Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Dell Services: On-site Diagnosis Service
Dell Services:Data Protection
Dell Services: HPC Support Services
Dell Services:Additional Deployment Services
DPS:Training and Certification
Dell Services:Remote Consulting Services
For Info Only
Dell Services:Future Technical Support
Tech Support Phone Label - Standard
MAC Address Label - Standard
Main Configuration Box Label - Standard
E-Support Label - Standard
System Information Label - Standard
Order Details Label - Standard
Dell Services: CFS
Asset Report - Standard
For Inside Sales Use - Dellplus Charges
Inspection Boxing Label - Standard
Performance in a density-optimized 1U, 2-socket rack server
Experience an outstanding balance of performance and density for scale-out computing. The PowerEdge R440 brings you value in a small form factor. Benefit from platform flexibility and maximize performance with dual Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 16 DIMMs and scalable storage that lets you mix SSDs and NVMe PCIe SSDs. Embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist help the R440 to deliver maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Web tech
- Scale-out infrastructure
Deliver performance at scale with the PowerEdge portfolio
Modern compute platforms from Dell EMC are designed to scale easily and use technologies that maximize application performance. The PowerEdge R440 rack server provides choice and flexibility that lets you optimize performance and density.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation of processors.*
- Gain storage flexibility with up to 10 x 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD with up to 4 NVMe PCIe SSDs, or 4 x 3.5" disks.
- Free up storage with boot-optimized M.2 SSDs.
Gain productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services* for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & Certification
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Rating & Reviews
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!