1200 VA SmartPro Rack/Tower Digital UPS System
SMART1200LCD Line-Interactive Rack/Tower UPS with LCD
for home and office computers, electronics and small servers
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages.
- AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC, phone and network lines.
- LCD screen displays input voltage, battery capacity and operating status.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management and automatic file saves.
- 2U rack/tower cabinet supports versatile placement options to match your application.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data.
Some costs, such as replacing broken computers and redoing work, can be measured. Other costs, such as losing family photos and missing business opportunities, are harder to quantify. For a fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Chargers
Protect Servers and Network Equipment
Small Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, Wireless Routers, Broadband Modems
Supports 2U Rack Mounting and Vertical Tower or Horizontal Desktop Placement
AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge ProtectionData lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked "back door," allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on connected phone and network lines.
- The RJ45 jacks protect a phone, analog modem, DSL modem or Ethernet network line.
Illuminated LCD ScreenThe illuminated LCD screen shows a variety of helpful data, including input voltage, battery capacity, power status, battery status and AVR status. You can rotate the LCD to match the orientation of the UPS system for optimal viewing, and a built-in dimmer switch adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are three ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the LCD screen.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert® software.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has user-replaceable, recyclable batteries, allowing materials to be reprocessed instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, e-mail and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART1200LCD
Load Capacity: 1200 VA (700 W)
Nominal AC Input/Output: 120 V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 14.3 min. (350 W Load)
Data Line Protection: Tel/Network (1 Line)
Communication: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC1200)
Form Factor: 2U Rack/Tower (Supports 2U mounting in 2-post and 4-post racks with included brackets. Also supports vertical tower and horizontal desktop placement.)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 17.3 x 10.7 in. (8.9 x 43.9 x 27.2 cm)
Weight: 26.6 lb. (12.1 kg)
Standards: Tested to UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC Class B (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (U.S. and Canada): 3-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What’s Included: UPS, Rack/Tower Brackets, USB and Serial Cabling, Telephone Cord, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Tripp Lite's Smart1200LCD Line-Interactive UPS System offers complete protection for PCs, workstations and other sensitive electronics in a compact, mountable housing. It prevents data loss and reduces system downtime by providing battery-supported AC output during blackouts and Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) during brownouts and overvoltages. Built-in USB and DB9 serial ports enables optional unattended system shutdown without data loss in case of extended power failure. This product features 8 UPS-supported AC outlets providing full battery support and surge suppression, protecting computers, monitors and other vital system components from power loss. Built-in single-line RJ-45 jacks offer protection for equipment with single-line tel/DSL or network Ethernet connection. The UPS includes PowerAlert monitoring software that enables safe unattended system shutdown in case of extended power failure. In addition, audible alarm and large front panel LCD offer status information regarding line and battery power operation.
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.