ASUS USB-AC56 - Network adapter - USB 3.0 - 802.11ac
- Next-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi — up to three times faster than 2x2 802.11n adapters
- Selectable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz dual bands increase signal clarity for better HD multimedia
- AiRadar technology provides a stronger signal over greater distances
- External high-gain antenna for 150% stronger Wi-Fi signal
- USB 3.0 connection for high-performance wireless networking with desktop and notebook PCs
Super-fast Wi-Fi ever becomes more accessible via USB, going up to 867 Mbps on the clear 5 GHz band. Using 802.11ac wireless, faster connectivity and enjoyment come to all your devices. Compared with current 802.11n, the USB-AC56 delivers up to 867 Mbps at 5 GHz, which is 3X faster than 802.11n!
The USB-AC56 wireless-AC1300 USB adapter can cover larger homes and offices, including multi-floor locations. Its detachable high-gain external antenna and strong dual internal antennas provide ample transmission power for bigger areas. The detachable antenna can be removed to reduce power draw and emissions should medium-range coverage be sufficient. It can also be upgraded with a more powerful antenna if needed.
ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless device connectivity using precise directional signal amplification for extended coverage, increased data throughput speed, and enhanced stability. Because connection strength varies based on your environment, the USB-AC56 Dual-Band Wireless-AC1300 USB wireless adapter uses two internal antennas and an external high gain antenna and high-powered beam packing to detect wireless router locations to shape transmissions so they’re optimized for fast, stable connection strength.
USB 3.0 allows the USB-AC56 Dual-Band Wireless-AC1300 USB wireless adapter to pair with notebooks and desktops using a bandwidth up to ten times that of USB 2.0. It means the full advantage of 802.11ac networking is realized, as the adapter has enough throughput overhead to support much faster network speeds.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
- Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results.
ASUS aspires to deliver the incredible in everything it does. With more than 17,000 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 5,500 engineers, ASUS is dedicated to the design and manufacture of products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s (and tomorrow’s) digital home and office. ASUS’ broad portfolio includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, all-in-one PCs, laptops, servers, wireless networking devices, tablets, smartphones and wearables. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, the company won 4,385 awards and earned approximately US$13.3 billion of revenue in 2016.
© 2019 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The ASUS USB-AC56 is a dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi adapter with a USB 3.0 connection that brings high-performance wireless networking support to desktop and notebook PCs. The USB-AC56 features a USB 3.0 connection with support for wireless data rates up to 300 Mbit/s at 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbit/s at 5 GHz with compatible routers. Suitable for use with both desktop and notebook PCs, the USB-AC56 features a dual internal antenna design for great wireless network coverage with minimal desktop clutter and a removable high-gain external antenna that boosts reception still further in weak Wi-Fi signal areas.
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.