D-Link 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch
8 Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch
The GO-SW-8G 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch is part of D-Link’s new series of SOHO devices that make use of D-Link’s Green Technology, providing energy savings, reduced heat, and a longer product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. An energy-efficient power adapter (EnergyStar Level V qualified), minimized use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant), and recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly.
• Economical yet innovative fanless design runs cool and quiet
• Gigabit ports allow you to connect all your devices for fast file transfers and smooth media streaming
• Reduced energy consumption without sacrificing performance EEE compliance
Conserves EnergyThe GO-SW-8G 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Switch helps you conserve energy automatically. The switch saves substantial amounts of power by cutting power usage for unused ports or ports connected to computers that have been shut down.
Environmentally FriendlyThe GO-SW-8G 8-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch was designed with the environment in mind, and is compliant with Energy Star Level V, as well as with the stringent CEC and MEPS regulations that require the use of energy efficient power adapters. The switch is also built to follow RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials, and uses recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste, complying with the WEEE directive.
Gigabit Connection for Home and SOHOThe GO-SW-8G offers an economical way for SOHO and small to medium businesses (SMB) to benefit from the increased bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet. It provides eight Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
• Built-in D-Link Green Technology
• Inexpensive Gigabit solution for Home/SOHO
• Eight 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit ports
• 16 Gbps switching fabric
• Auto MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
• Secure store-and-forward switching scheme
• Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
• Supports 9,216 Byte Jumbo Frames
• RoHS compliant
• Plug-and-play installation
• 8 port Gigabit Desktop Switch
• Power Adapter
• Quick Install Guide
Minimum System Requirements
• Devices Supporting 802.3 Ethernet, 802.u Faster Ethernet, or 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet
• Cat5 or better Ethernet Cable
• Network Interface Card for each computer
|Switching Fabric||• 16Gbp|
|• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)|
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
• IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
• IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
|Data Transfer Rates |
- 10 Mbps (half duplex), 20 Mbps (full duplex)
• Fast Ethernet:
- 100 Mbps (half duplex), 200 Mbps (full duplex)
• Gigabit Ethernet:
-2000 Mbps (full duplex)
|Network Cables |
- UTP CAT 3, 4, 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
• 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T:
- UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
|Media Interface Exchange||• Auto MDI/MDIX adjustment for all ports|
|LED Indicators|| |
• Per port: Link/Activity/Speed
• Per device: Power
|Transmission Method||• Store-and-forward|
|MAC Address Table||• 8K|
|MAC Address Learning||• Automatic update|
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates |
|• Ethernet: 14,880 pps per port|
• Fast Ethernet: 148,800 pps per port
• Gigabit Ethernet: 1,488,000 pps per port
|RAM Buffer||• 128KB per device|
|Jumbo Frames||• 9,216 Bytes|
|DC Input||• External 5 V/1 A Level “V” Power Adapter|
|Power Consumption||• DC input: 3.06 watts|
• AC input: 3.9 watts
|MTBF||• 412,433 hours|
|Operating Temperature||• 32 to 104 ˚F (0 to 40 ˚C)|
|Storage Temperature||• 14 to 158 ˚F (-10 to 70 ˚C)|
|Operating Humidity||• 10% to 90% RH non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||• 5% to 90% RH non-condensing|
• 5.0 x 2.7 x 1.0 inches (128 x 68.5 x 25.4 mm)
|Weight||• 6.88 ounces (195 grams)|
|• FCC Class B|
• ICES-003 Class B
• CE Class B
• C-Tick Class B
• VCCI Class B
|Warranty||• 3-Year Limited1|
1 3 Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada. All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from
that depicted herein.
The 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch (GO-SW-8G) offers an economical way for SOHO and small to medium businesses (SMB) to benefit from the increased bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet. It provides eight Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
Connect All of Your Devices with Gigabit Speed Expand your wired home network with the 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch. By connecting the 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch to your router, you can add up to seven more computers to your home network with Gigabit connectivity. Add devices like your gaming console, printer, print server, Network-Attached Storage (NAS) or network camera with a simple Ethernet cable.
Compact Design This Desktop Switch fits virtually anywhere because of its compact size. Its power connector and ports are conveniently located in the rear to avoid messy cables on the desk.
Effortless High Speed Networking Features easy access auto sensing Gigabit front Ethernet ports with a LED indicator for each port to quickly distinguish link status and activity. The 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch also supports Auto MDI/MDIX Crossover allowing each port to be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables to get you the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
Plug and Play Installation The 8-Port Gigabit Easy Desktop Switch is a Plug-and-Play device that requires no configuration, so setup is simple and hassle-free. But we know that setting up your switch is only the beginning; you can also easily connect multiple computers, share files, music, and video across your home or small office network, or even create a multi-player gaming environment.
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.