Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 Seagate Expansion portable external hard drive
Simple add-on storage that goes with you
The Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive offers an easy-to-use solution when you need to instantly add storage to your computer and take files on the go.
- Drag and drop file saving right out of the box
- USB powered
- Fast data transfer with USB 3.0 connectivity
The Expansion portable hard drive installs easily by plugging in a single USB cord. You can start saving your digital files to this external hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer's storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity. The Expansion portable hard drive comes in a range of capacities, with the 1TB model offering enough data storage for:
- Up to 1,000 hours of digital video
- Up to 250 2-hour DVD movies
- Up to 320,000 digital photos
- Up to 16,660 hours of digital music
Seagate® Expansion™ portable hard drive features like these make it incredibly easy to use this drive right from the box.
- Simply plug the included USB cable into your computer–no external power supply needed
- The drive is automatically recognized by Windows operating system–no software to install and nothing to configure.
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion portable drive.
- Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation
Most Seagate drives now include Rescue Data Recovery Services matching the duration of your warranty—helping you defend against power outages, natural disasters, user error, viruses, and more. With an industry-leading 95% success rate against unexpected data loss and access to world-class data recovery experts, you can focus on what’s important and rest easy knowing your files are safer. 1
- Seagate® Expansion portable hard drive
- USB 3.0 cable
- Rescue Data Recovery Services
- Quick start guide
The Seagate Expansion desktop drive provides extra storage for your ever-growing collection of files. Add space for more files instantly, consolidate all your files to a single location, or free space on your computer's internal drive for improved performance. Set-up is straightforward. Simply plug in the power supply and USB cable and you are ready to go. It is automatically recognized by the operating system, so there is no software to install and nothing to configure. Saving files is easy too, just drag and drop. Take advantage of the fast data transfer speeds with the USB 3.0 interface by connecting to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port. USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 for additional system compatibility.
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.