PowerEdge T640 Tower Server
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge T640 Tower Server
Trusted Platform Module
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives for 2nd RAID Container
Hard Drives (PCIe SSD/Flex Bay)
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
OS Media Kits
Additional Virtual Machines for Windows Sever
Embedded Systems Management
] iDRAC Systems Management Options
Client Access Licenses
LTO Tape Media
Additional Network Cards
Optics & Cables for Network Cards
Fibre Channel Adapters
NVMe and PCIe Storage Adapters
IDSDM and VFlash Card Reader
Microsoft SQL Server
Internal SD Module
Internal Optical Drive
Quick Sync 2 (At-the-box mgmt)
BIOS and Advanced System Configuration Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Virtualization Software and Support
iDRAC Service Module
Data Center Infrastructure
Dell Services: Data Protection
Remote Consulting Services
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platform
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated security
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Training & Certification
Awards & Reviews
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
"Memory and storage are impressive too, (...) This, along with a number of smart features and Dell’s excellent management software, make the T640 a sound choice for demanding SMBs." — IT Pro
"This tower of power supports every Xeon Scalable CPU on Intel's books, delivers a storage potential and versatility that defies belief and tops it off with a huge memory capacity." — ITPro
iF Design Award 2018 in the Product Discipline category — iF World Design Guide
"Engineered for reliable, robust and scalable workloads such as business analytics, ERP, CRM, medical imaging, and virtualization, the T640 combines performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform." — IF World Design Guide
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®