Tripp Lite UPS Smart 3000VA 2880W Rackmount AVR 120V Pure Sign Wave USB DB9 SNMP 2URM - UPS - 2.88 kW - 3000 VA
SMART3000RM2U SmartPro® Line-Interactive Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with Expandable Runtime, Network Slot and LCD
for servers and network hardware
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Pure sine wave output improves compatibility with sensitive equipment.
- Expandable battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- Advanced AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LCD shows power conditions and permits easy access to settings.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 3-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
- ENERGY STAR® certified efficiency helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment.
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of any organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro® UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Common ApplicationsProtect Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require pure sine wave power.
Pure Sine Wave OutputWhen operating from battery power, a UPS system generates the waveform of its AC output. Many UPS systems generate PWM sine wave power, an approximation of the pure sine wave power you receive from your electrical utility. Although PWM sine wave power is compatible with most equipment, pure sine wave power is required by some devices -- such as computers with active PFC power supplies -- and prevents others from overheating, malfunctioning or failing prematurely. This UPS system generates pure sine wave power for superior compatibility with active PFC power supplies and other sensitive equipment.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1125W) for up to 10 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise ProtectionIn locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD screen for comprehensive local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
Multifunction LCD ScreenThe illuminated LCD provides easy access to detailed UPS settings and information. The LCD shows a variety of helpful data, including input/output voltage, output load percentage, output load wattage, power status, battery status, AVR status, battery capacity, estimated backup runtime remaining and daily power consumption. If you decide to install the UPS system in a tower configuration, you can rotate the LCD for optimal viewing.
- ENERGY STAR Certification: This UPS system has ENERGY STAR certification. It helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment by meeting strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SMART3000RM2U
Load Capacity: 3 kVA (2.25 kW)
Power Factor: 0.75
Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
Nominal AC Output: 120V, 60 Hz
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15/20R, 1 x L5-30R
Switched Outlet Banks: 2 switchable single-outlet load banks
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with L5-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime: 10 min. (1125 W Load)
Communications: USB Port (HID-Compliant); Serial Port (DB9); Network Card Slot; EPO
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC94-2U)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires optional external battery pack)
External Battery Pack Compatibility: BP48V24-2U (limit 1); BP48V60RT-3U (multi-pack compatible); BP48V27-2US (multi-pack compatible)
Primary Form Factor: 2U Rack (Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. Add 2POSTRMKITWM for 2-post rack or wall-mount installation. Add UPSHDEARKIT for 2- or 4-post front rail rack installation. Add 2-9USTAND for tower installation.)
Dimensions: 3.5 x 17.5 x 19.5 in. (8.9 x 44.5 x 49.5 cm)
Weight: 62.8 lb. (28.5 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC (EMI); ENERGY STAR; RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 3-Year Limited Warranty (Registration required for third year.)
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS, 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, PowerAlert Software, Manual
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Tripp Lite SmartPro Line Interactive UPS with enhanced LCD interface offers network-grade power protection for critical server, network and telecommunications equipment. Line Interactive Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) with built-in Auto-Voltage Regulation (AVR) actively corrects brownouts and overvoltages back to usable levels while maintaining a full battery charge in case of power failure. Tripp Lite's unique configuration excels in exceptionally poor-power environments with two separate levels of voltage boost to correct both slight undervoltages and severe brownout conditions. Interactive LCD interface reports UPS operating mode, detailed UPS and site-power data, plus enables a variety of UPS setup and configuration options. Super-fast switchover from line to battery power occurs within milliseconds to maintain operation of connected equipment without interruption or reboot. 96% line-mode efficiency offers reduced heat emissions and operating costs. Network management interfaces support communications via USB, RS-232 and optional Network Management Card option. HID-compliant USB port enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Network communications ports enable detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and utility power conditions. PowerAlert UPS monitoring software is available via free download. Switched output load banks enable scheduled and real-time remote reboot and load shedding of select outlets. Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface. LCD display panel easily rotates for viewing in rackmount or tower configurations. Audible alarm with push-button momentary alarm-cancel and silent-mode configuration options. Programmable self-test. Field-replaceable, hot-swappable battery modules.
Expansion / Connectivity
Software / System Requirements
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
Expansion / Connectivity
Software / System Requirements
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.