Tripp Lite UPS Smart Online 5000VA 3800W Rackmount 5kVA 208/240/120V USB DB9 Manual Bypass Hot Swap 4U - UPS - 3.8 kW...
SU5000RT4U SmartOnline® Hot-Swappable Double-Conversion Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS with Dual-Voltage Input/Output, Expandable Runtime, Bypass Switch, Network Slot and LCD/LED Control Panel
for servers and network hardware
This on-line, double-conversion UPS system protects critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- True on-line, double-conversion operation delivers pure sine wave output, precise voltage regulation and isolation from power problems.
- Dual 208/120V output protects both high- and low-voltage equipment.
- Manual bypass switch enables hot-swappable UPS maintenance, repair or replacement without powering off connected equipment.
- Expandable battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- LCD/LED control panel shows power conditions and permits easy access to settings.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 2-year warranty and $250,000 insurance reflect commitment to reliability
Why is this UPS a Good Investment?The success of your organization depends on critical information systems like servers and network hardware. If your critical systems don't have reliable power, employees can't work, communications go down, automated systems malfunction and productivity grinds to a halt. It would be nice if utility power was always reliable, but it isn't. Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line.
The potential costs of downtime are alarming. Surveyed averages range from $1,167 per minute for mid-size businesses (IDC) to $7,908 per minute for larger operations (Ponemon Institute). For a tiny fraction of these costs, you can prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartOnline UPS system. True on-line double conversion is the highest level of power protection available. It provides precise voltage regulation, delivers continuous sine wave output and isolates equipment from power problems.
Common ApplicationsProtect Mission-Critical Servers and Network Hardware
Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Cloud Platform Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Converged Infrastructure, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies
Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require sine wave power.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (1900W) for up to 14 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match almost any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
On-Line, Double-Conversion OperationThis UPS system provides the highest level of power protection available:
- Continuous on-line, double-conversion operation provides precise voltage regulation and sine wave output. It isolates connected equipment from most power problems, including blackouts, brownouts, overvoltages, transient voltage surges, electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise, harmonic distortion, electrical impulses and frequency variations.
- Zero transfer time to battery prevents malfunctions and reboots of sensitive equipment potentially caused by the transition from line power to battery-derived power during outages.
- Fault-tolerant automatic bypass maintains utility output and avoids downtime during a variety of fault and overload conditions.
Hot-Swappable UPS with Bypass SwitchAll SmartOnline UPS systems have hot-swappable batteries and an automatic internal bypass that delivers power directly to connected equipment in the case of an internal fault or severe overload. These features support the continuous availability of critical systems like servers and network hardware connected to the UPS. This UPS system also includes a detachable PDU with bypass switch to provide even higher system availability. When the switch is set to "bypass," you can completely remove the UPS power module for maintenance, repair or replacement without requiring downtime. The detachable PDU remains connected to the AC input power source and continues to supply power to connected equipment.
Flexible Management OptionsThere are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD/LED panel for comprehensive local management.
- Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert® software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. Select UPS models include a convenient CD-ROM, or you can download the latest version of PowerAlert for free at Tripp Lite's website.
- Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet. The network card has an Ethernet port and embedded interface, allowing you to access advanced monitoring, control and notification features without directly connecting the UPS system to a computer. The network card also supports connecting one or more optional sensors for remote temperature, humidity and contact closure monitoring. (Available network cards and sensors include TLNETCARD with TLNETEM sensor; WEBCARDLX with E2MT, E2MTDO, E2MTDI and E2MTHDI sensors; and SNMPWEBCARD with ENVIROSENSE sensor. Refer to each model for specific features.)
Multifunction LCD/LED Control PanelThe convenient LCD/LED control panel provides easy access to detailed UPS settings and information. The illuminated LCD screen displays a variety of helpful data, including input/output voltage, input/output frequency, load level and battery level. An LED block diagram supplements the LCD screen by indicating the UPS operating mode and power conditions. The control panel also allows you to change the UPS system's operating mode and other settings. The control panel provides more information and greater control than comparable models, allowing you to diagnose and respond to power problems at the rack before they cause downtime.
- Economy Mode: This UPS system provides user-selectable economy mode operation to increase efficiency and cut operating costs. In economy mode, the UPS system suspends double conversion and operates with increased efficiency as long as input power quality is satisfactory. If input power quality becomes unsatisfactory, the UPS system immediately resumes double conversion until power quality returns to normal.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry LeaderService and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- $250,000 Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
- Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification
Key SpecificationsModel: SU5000RT4U
Load Capacity: 5 kVA (3.8 kW)
Power Factor: 0.8
Nominal AC Input: 120/208V (Split Phase L1, L2, N, G); 120/240V (Split Phase L1, L2, N, G)
Nominal AC Output: 240/120V or 208/120V Split Phase Output (60 Hz)
Output Voltage Regulation (Line Mode): +/- 3%
AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15/20R; 2 x L6-20R; 6 x L6-30R
Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with L14-30P Plug
Half-Load Runtime (Included Batteries): 14 min. (1900W Load)
User-Replaceable Battery: Yes (RBC9-192)
Expandable Battery Runtime: Yes (Requires Optional External Battery Pack)
Compatible External Battery Packs: BP192V1037C-1PH; BP192V12-3U; BP192V1407C-1PH; BP192V557C-1PH; BP192V787C-1PH; BP192V5RT2U (limit 1)
Communications: USB Port (HID-compliant); DB9 Serial Port; Contact Closure; Network Card Slot; EPO
Primary Form Factor: 4U Rack (4U UPS/power module, plus SUPDMB56 detachable PDU with bypass switch). Supports 4-post rack installation with included kit. (Add 2POSTRMKITHD for 2-post rack installation. Add 2-9USTAND for tower installation.)
Dimensions: 7 x 17.5 x 30.8 in. (17.8 x 44.5 x 78.2 cm)
Unit Weight: 149.6 lb. (67.9 kg)
Standards: UL 1778 (USA); CSA (Canada); NOM (Mexico); FCC A (EMI); RoHS
Product Warranty (Worldwide): 2-Year Limited Warranty
Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico): $250,000
What's Included: UPS with detachable PDU module, 4-Post Rack Installation Kit, USB/Serial/EPO Cabling, Manual
Tripp Lite has a policy of continuous improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual products may differ slightly from photos. Tripp Lite uses primary and third-party agencies to test its products for compliance with standards. Runtime varies with load, battery condition and other factors. Go to Tripp Lite's website for more information, including complete warranty terms and conditions.
Tripp Lite 5kVA SmartOnline Hot-Swappable Modular Rack/Tower UPS. 5000VA on-line, double-conversion UPS for server, network and telecommunications equipment. Maintains battery-derived AC output during blackouts with active, full-time power conditioning. Fault tolerant auto-bypass prevents unexpected service interruptions during overload or internal fault conditions. Single all-in-one housing installs in 4 rack spaces (4U). Upright tower installation with optional 2-9USTAND accessory. 2-post rackmount installation with optional 2POSTRMKITWM. Full-time sine wave output within 3% of selectable 208/120 or 240/120V AC. Corrects brownouts and overvoltages from 65V to 140V (L-N). Expandable runtime with optional external battery packs. Dual-conversion UPS converts raw input from AC to DC, then back to perfect sine wave AC output with enhanced protection from harmonic distortion, fast electrical impulses and other hard-to-solve power problems not addressed by other UPS types. Highly efficient operation in optional economy mode setting, saving BTU heat output and energy costs. Network-grade AC surge and noise suppression. Network management interfaces include combination RS-232 enabled and contact closure serial port, enhanced USB port and SNMPWEBCARD slot. Includes USB and DB9 serial ports. Built-in DB9 port offers both enhanced RS-232 enabled monitoring data, plus contact closure monitoring ability. HID-compliant USB interface enables integration with built-in power management and auto shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X. Supports simultaneous detailed monitoring of equipment load levels, self-test data and mains power conditions via all 3 network interfaces. Includes PowerAlert monitoring software and complete cabling. Emergency Power Off (EPO) interface. Front panel LEDs and LCD readout with scroll controls support visual monitoring of all major UPS functions. LED/LCD display panel easily rotates for viewing in rackmount or tower configurations. Audible alarm. Self test. 4-post rackmount accessories. L14-30P split phase 4 wire plug-in connection; two L6-30R, two L6-20R and eight 5-15/20R output receptacles. Input cord and outlets are mounted on a detachable backplate with manual bypass switch to enable hot-swappable UPS replacement without powering off connected equipment.
Expansion / Connectivity
Software / System Requirements
Dimensions & Weight
Expansion / Connectivity
Software / System Requirements
Dimensions & Weight
Ratings & Reviews
Add the products you would like to compare, and quickly determine which is best for your needs.