What Hard Drive Do I Need?
How Much Storage Do I Need?
- Are you going to play video games, consume media, store a few photos and videos?
- Are you the type of user that is looking for high storage capacity and low cost for home media centers, large back-ups, video and photos?
- Do you regularly use programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Suite or other programs for design or editing?
- Are you going to use your computer to browse the internet, check email, work on documents for School or work?
- Are you working with sensitive information?
|Storage Drive Size||Storage Performance|
|Less than 256 GB||Acceptable storage for email and office productivity applications, internet browsing, and other basic functions.|
|256 GB – 1 TB||Adequate storage for most photo, music and video libraries as well as meeting typical office tasks like word processing or building spreadsheets.|
|More than 1 TB||Abundant Storage for large digital libraries, modern video games and content created in applications like Adobe Creative Suite.|
By Media Type
|Media Type||Average file size*||128 GB*||256 GB*||500 GB*||1,000 GB (1 TB)*|
|Music||4MB per 4minute song||Up to 31,000 songs||Up to 62,000 songs||Up to 125,000 songs||Up to 250,000 songs|
|Video (HD)||8.3GB per hour||Up to 15 hours||Up to 30 hours||Up to 60 hours||Up to 120 hours|
|Photos||3.5MB per 6MP image||Up to 35,500 images||Up to 71,000 images||Up to 142,000 images||Up to 285,000 images|
|DVD-quality movies||Number of 1.5hr Movies — DVD Quality||Up to 33 movies||Up to 66 movies||Up to 133 movies||Up to 260 movies|
How does Intel Optane memory work?
Intel Optane Memory
Intel Optane MemoryIntel® Optane™ memory with solid state storage combines the smart, adaptive responsiveness of Intel® Optane™ memory with Intel’s innovative SSD technology to help customers create, game, and produce with less waiting.
Recently launched is the next generation Intel Optane memory H20 with solid state storage delivering higher performance and lower power for 11th Gen Intel® CPU-based Dell platforms. Combining two revolutionary technologies, Intel® Optane™ technology and Intel® QLC 3D NAND storage, the Intel Optane memory H20 with SSD delivers a personalized computing experience providing improved performance and responsiveness with lower power consumption compared to the prior generation product. Intel Optane memory H20 accelerates what you use most, from everyday tasks to managing large media and gaming files and applications.
Optimized for Intel Core 10th and 11th generation processors, Intel Optane memory with solid state storage works in everything from laptops to traditional desktops, as well as AIOs and mini-PCs.
No other memory that exists today can customize your system’s performance like Intel® Optane™ memory. Intel® Optane™ memory recognizes, remembers, and provides speedy access to your frequently used files, applications, and games. As your computing habits change over time, Intel® Optane™ memory adapts to continue to deliver a responsive, accelerated user experience.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Hard drives powered through Intel® Responsiveness Technologies
Benefits of using eMMC
• Better performance compared to HDD
• Completely quiet compared to HDD
• Low cost/performance solution compared to SSD
Downside of eMMC
• Not easily replaceable
• Limited capacity being the common capacity range 32GB to 128GB
• Slower performance when compared to SSD
• eMMCs are often paired with cloud storage, i.e. files are stored on a remote server