|Best For||Choose||Perfect for|
|Speed, performance and lower latency||PCie SSDs or SATA SSDs||Gaming, AutoCAD, Designing, Data Science, AI algorithms|
|Storage capacity and advanced security||FIPS encrypted drives||Storing sensitive large documents, videos and securing content in high-risk areas|
|High storage capacity and low costs||Traditional HDD||Home media centers, large back-ups, video storage|
|Low power consumption, low costs and smaller/thinner form factors||eMMC drives||Thin-clients, Chromebook, cloud-OS based devices such as Windows S and Chromium|
What Hard Drive Do I Need?
How Much Storage Do I Need?
- Are you going to play video games, consume media, store a few photos and videos?
- Are you the type of user that is looking for high storage capacity and low cost for home media centers, large back-ups, video and photos?
- Do you regularly use programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Suite or other programs for design or editing?
- Are you going to use your computer to browse the internet, check email, work on documents for School or work?
- Are you working with sensitive information?
|Media Type||Average file size*||128 GB*||256 GB*||500 GB*||1,000 GB (1 TB)*|
|Music||4MB per 4minute song||Up to 31,000 songs||Up to 62,000 songs||Up to 125,000 songs||Up to 250,000 songs|
|Video (HD)||8.3GB per hour||Up to 15 hours||Up to 30 hours||Up to 60 hours||Up to 120 hours|
|Photos||3.5MB per 6MP image||Up to 35,500 images||Up to 71,000 images||Up to 142,000 images||Up to 285,000 images|
|DVD-quality movies||Number of 1.5hr Movies — DVD Quality||Up to 33 movies||Up to 66 movies||Up to 133 movies||Up to 260 movies|
Intel Optane Memory
Intel Optane MemoryWhether you are a content creator, gamer, professional, or everyday multitasker, you want a PC that can keep up with your digital life with the best components inside: Intel® Core™ processors for performance with Intel® Optane™ memory for responsiveness.
From system startup to application launching, Intel Optane memory is smart technology that accelerates the computing experience by learning your customers most common tasks. It accesses the computer’s frequently used documents, pictures, videos, and applications quickly, and remembers them, even after powering off the PC—enabling you to create, game, and produce with less waiting.
Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage: By combining the best attributes of Intel® Optane™ technology and Intel® QLC 3D NAND Technology, the Intel® Optane™ memory H10 with solid state storage brings together two revolutionary memory and storage technologies on a single M.2 2280 form factor. Delivering innovation in storage through Intel platforms, the Intel Optane memory H10 offers a personalized computing experience with a new level of performance and large storage capacity options, now available for gamers, media, and content creators, everyday users, and professionals.
Intel® Optane™ Memory H Series with Solid State Storage
- Add acceleration and large capacity for a personalized SSD experience
Hard drives powered through Intel® Responsiveness Technologies
Benefits of using eMMC
• Better performance compared to HDD
• Completely quiet compared to HDD
• Low cost/performance solution compared to SSD
Downside of eMMC
• Not easily replaceable
• Limited capacity being the common capacity range 32GB to 128GB
• Slower performance when compared to SSD
• eMMCs are often paired with cloud storage, i.e. files are stored on a remote server