Intel® Generations Highlights
Dynamic Power Mode
- No fans, no feet, no noise, no heat: Intel’s new 7th Generation 4.5W processor architecture enables a sleek, fan less design, thinner form factor and silent laptop experience for the XPS 13 2-in-1.
- Dynamic power mode: Engineered by Dell, Dynamic Power Mode delivers extra processing power when you need it, while intelligently monitoring and managing system temperatures. Pushing the processor to up to 9W, delivers up to 10% more performance than previous generation XPS 13*.
- How it works: Dynamic Power Mode allows the system to run at higher performance for bursts of time. The period of extra performance depends on workload and ambient temperature. As long as the system doesn’t get too warm, the system always run at highest performance.
- We manage the increased power by balancing the amount and duration of the power boost while monitoring the internal and external surface temperatures of the system to ensure the XPS 13 2-in-1 keeps its cool while tackling your most challenging tasks. A great analogy for this can be found in how automobiles use turbo chargers to increase power on smaller, more efficient engines to increase power output when needed and being more fuel efficient under normal driving conditions.
* Based on testing in Dell Labs November 2016 using Sysmark 2014 Office Productivity benchmark test comparing XPS 13 2-in-1 (9365) to the previous generation XPS 13 (9350). Actual performance will vary based on usage, configuration and manufacturing variability.