Best Server Hardware: Gold Winner
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
Up to two 2nd Generation Intel®™ Xeon(R)™ Scalable processors, with up to 28 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Intel® C628 Chipset with optional Intel® QuickAssist Technology
Up to 2933 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
24 DDR4 DIMM slots
12 slots enabled for NVDIMM-N
12 slots enabled for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM
Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM 6.1TB (total capacity of 7.68TB per server)
Up to 6 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) or NVMe PCIe SSD
PERC HBA330, H730P, H745P, HBA330 mini-mezz
Choice HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs or
Internal Dual SD Module (IDSDM)
Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
System Lockdown (requires OpenManage Enterprise)
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional
Embedded / At-the-Chassis
OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition
Quick Sync 2 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)/wireless module
Embedded / At-the-Server – Compute Sled
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
OpenManage Power Center
OpenManage Mobile (requires OM Enterprise or OM Essentials)
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager i (OMi)
Up to 6 x 3000W; PSU and grid redundancy support (MX7000 chassis)
5 rear- and 4 front-accessible hot-swap fans with full redundancy (MX7000 chassis)
Up to 2 pair redundant general-purpose switch or pass-through module bays (Fabrics A and B); redundant pair of storage specific switch bays (Fabric C)
Up to 25GbE, 32Gbps Fibre Channel, 12Gbps SAS
1 x USB 3.0
1xUSB 2.0 management port to iDRAC
1xUSB 3.0 + USB 2.0 for IDSDM
1 x USB 3.0
2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 mezzanine slots (Fabric A and B)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 mini-mezzanine slot (Fabric C)
Integrated VGA controller in iDRAC, VGA over LAN
7U Chassis, single-width compute sled
Dimensions & Weight
620.35mm (24.42") (handle closed)
Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
Building blocks for the modern data center
- Single-width; up to eight sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- One or two, up to 28-core 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 3TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 12 slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with a maximum total capacity of 7.68TB per server.
- Up to six 2.5" drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.
Dynamically provision to maximize workload performance and drive efficient infrastructure
- Scale compute resources with second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Flexible memory configurations from capacities of 8GB to 3TB; RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for reduced memory loading and greater density.
- High performance Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD delivers exceptional endurance in demanding enterprise environments.
Intelligently automate to accelerate operations and effectiveness
- Up to four times more performance with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) for easy lifecycle management from deploy to retirement*.
- Sixteen fewer steps and 30% time savings to perform basic server setup using Android or Apple mobile device with Quick Sync 2* .
- Full Lifecycle Management of more than 5,000 nodes within 611 chassis over 7 continents simultaneously on a single OpenManage Enterprise console* .
Future-proof infrastructure to avoid technology and architectural disruption
- Multi-generational assurance for at least three sever processor microarchitecture generations.
- More effective cooling and more disruptive fabric upgrades with the no mid plane design - direct compute to I/O connections.
- Simplified storage capacity, up to 118 2.5” direct-attached SAS hot-serviceable drives in a single MX7000 chassis when paired with PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Training & Certification
Ratings & Reviews
Best Server Hardware: Gold Winner
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!