Best Server Hardware: Gold Winner
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Citrix® Hypervisor ®
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Up to four 300W and eight 150W GPUs
NVIDIA Tesla P100, P40, K80M, M60, M10, AMD S7150, S7150X2
Up to 2993 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
24 DDR4 DIMM slots (12 NVDIMM only)
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
Up to 8 or 18 x 3.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 216TB
Up to 16 x 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 61TB
Up to 32 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD), max 122TB
Up to 16 x 2.5” with up to 8 NVMe, SAS/SSD/NVMe (HDD/SDD), max 112TB
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
External Controller (RAID)
H840, 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB, 480 GB
Internal Dual SD Module
Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
Redhat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
1100W 48VDC, 1100W 380HVDC, 750W 240HVDC, 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, Platinum
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option
Up to 8 hot plug fans with full redundancy
2 x 10GbE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC micro-USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0
6 x USB 2.0/3.0
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 8)
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 16)
1 x VGA
Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
5U Tower or Rack Server
Dimensions & Weight
434.5mm (17.1") (base height)
443.5mm (17.5”) (with foot)
217.9mm (8.6") (base width)
304.5mm (12.0”) (with foot)
42.36kg (93.4lbs.) (Maximum with all drives 32 x 2.5 inch)
49.7kg (109.5) (Maximum with all drives 18 x 3.5 inch)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).
Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platform
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated security
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Training & Certification
Ratings & Reviews
Best Server Hardware: Gold Winner
Dell EMC Infrastructure: Server Design Language Award
iF Design Award 2018 in the Product Discipline category — iF World Design Guide
2017 CRN Annual Report Card: Industry Standard Servers Winner
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®
Drivers, Manuals & Support
From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered!