As technology evolves and we enter a multicloud era, IT environments are growing more complex, requiring IT leaders to adapt. This means adopting the latest technologies to meet the needs of their businesses and working to ensure the security of their data and networks, all while overcoming limited human resources and budget constraints while dealing with unpredictable growth. Modern IT environments also require managing compute assets in a diversity of locations while also becoming more energy efficient and managing energy costs.
This modernization requires expanding artificial intelligence (AI) from the core to the edge, accelerating automation, adopting Zero Trust principles and advancing sustainability – all without breaking the budget or overtaxing IT teams. But getting from here to what’s next can be a daunting task.
At Dell Technologies, we understand the need for easy-to-implement server innovations to power digital transformation that drives better business outcomes. That’s why we’ve expanded our PowerEdge server portfolio, introducing new purpose-built products for specialized AI/Machine Learning (ML), Edge and CSP workloads. We’ve also refreshed our general purpose platforms with a focus on acceleration to support customer transformation needs at the core, at the edge and at scale. Each PowerEdge server is backed with industry-leading security and systems management and includes advanced technologies designed to reduce emissions and energy use while maximizing performance.
Our next-generation rack, tower and multi-node PowerEdge servers are built on fourth generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and fourth generation AMD EPYC processors and include Dell software and engineering advancements, as well as innovations developed in close partnership with members of our rich partner ecosystem, such as NVIDIA and Broadcom. They offer more performance, security, versatility and management capabilities for complex workloads like AI/ML, HPC and Oracle DB/SAP large-scale databases. These systems also offer purpose-built features to advance innovation for edge/telco deployments and cloud service providers (CSPs).
Our latest Dell PowerEdge servers can help you:
- Transform your core: Deploy AI and ML at the core to find new opportunities and operational efficiencies. PowerEdge servers, powered by fourth generation Intel® Xeon® scalable processors, provide AI horsepower that enables businesses of all sizes to harness its power, including multiple sockets and GPUs along with smart cooling capabilities to improve energy efficiency.
- Transform at the edge: Go beyond your boundaries with new PowerEdge Rugged Servers. They fit into smaller spaces and keep performing when subjected to extreme heat or cold, dust, shock and vibration. This makes them ideal for telco outposts, factory floors, construction sites, retail locations, mobile command centers and other extreme environments.
Transform at scale: The PowerEdge portfolio includes servers purpose-built with essential features and configurations that easily scale, available through the Hyperscale Next program. With the optional Open Server Manager built on OpenBMC™, CSPs can simplify management across large-scale multi-vendor SaaS, PaaS and IaaS datacenters. The refreshed PowerEdge portfolio delivers quantifiable benefits.
Accelerate AI-driven innovations
- Up to 10X faster model generation¹
- 60% less time spent on AI architecture management1
- One console for managing up to 8,000 PowerEdge servers²
- 3M metrics measured daily using telemetry streaming provided by iDRAC6
Accelerate Zero trust adoption
- 91% less time for complete system lockdown
- 52% faster deployment of security configuration templates with Dell OME
- 3x performance improvement while reducing the power consumption by 43%
- EPEAT Silver and Bronze registered servers along with ENERGY STAR® rated products throughout most of the portfolio
Power Your Digital Transformation with PowerEdge Servers
The latest generation of PowerEdge servers and solutions are designed and optimized to help you execute on your goals for AI-driven innovation, automation, a Zero-Trust approach to security and sustainability – while empowering people to focus less on infrastructure and more on turning their ideas into competitive advantage. Excel with today’s business outcomes and be ready for what’s next with PowerEdge Servers that are purpose-built, intelligent, cyber resilient and energy-efficient to accelerate transformation anywhere.
For more information, please visit the Dell PowerEdge site.
1 Forrester Total Economic Impact Study, Dell PowerEdge servers with NVIDIA GPUs boost productivity and accelerate timelines for AI workloads, August 2022.
2 Manage up to 8,000 PowerEdge servers and monitor networking, storage, and third-party devices with OpenManage Enterprise Management Console. Source: Dell Technologies engineering internal calculations, January 2023.