Virtualization is one of the hottest technology buzzwords these days, especially amongst small and medium businesses, whose adoption of the technology is expected to outpace larger enterprises in 2012. So what are the fundamentals of virtualization and how can SMBs get started?
On Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM CDT, Dell and Intel will explore the topic in a tweet chat with virtualization evangelist David Davis of Training Signal and VMWareVideos,
At the end of the tweet chat, Dell will give away a DELL ALIENWARE M14X powered by Intel Core i5-2430M Processor to one lucky participant (Terms & Conditions). Additional information on the giveaway will be provided during the tweet chat.
How you can participate:
Tweet chats provide a great opportunity to discuss a specific topic with likeminded professionals as well as experts who are on hand to educate and entertain participants. Using a dedicated hashtag (#VirtualizeDell) on Twitter, anyone can search for and join the conversation. Most importantly, we want to provide a chance for you, the SMB owner and/or employee to share your stories and experiences, and hear/learn from first-hand trials and tribulations of your peers.
We recommend using a tool like TweetChat.com to follow the conversation. Just sign in with your Twitter account, enter the #VirtualizeDell hash tag, and join the conversation as if you were in a chat room.
Click HERE to add this event to your calendar.
What we’ll cover:
1. To Virtualize or Not to Virtualize?
- Have you virtualized your business 100%? If not, what’s holding you back?
- Have you implemented server virtualization to your business? If not, why not?
2. Features of Virtualization
- What virtualization features have you found to be most useful for your business?
- How are these features important as solutions to your business?
3. Types of Virtualization Platforms
- What virtualization platform are you using? Why?
- What’s the best platform for your business?
4. Talking Point 4: Virtualization Capabilities vs. Cost
- Capabilities vs. Cost: Sacrifices? Necessities?
- Based on the capabilities that you need for your business, what are the cost options?
About our Host:
David Davis is the author of the best-selling VMware vSphere video training library from
Train Signal. He has written hundreds of virtualization articles on the Web, is a vExpert, VCP,
VCAP-DCA, and CCIE #9369 with more than 18 years of enterprise IT experience.
More information about David and his work can be found on his personal website: VMwareVideos.com.
We hope that you will join us soon!