According to analyst firm IDC, there are 72 million small to mid-sized business in operation and the ICSB projects that more than 500 million will set up shop over the next five years. That’s a staggering number of companies with incredibly diverse business models and IT needs. What these companies have in common is the need to run their business efficiently with technology that is simple to use, reliable and secure. That’s where Dell comes in.
In March we announced our first wave of new products and services designed to bring efficiency to enterprise computing, and on June 17 we introduced additional products and services to drive IT efficiency in the data center and beyond. Today, we’re building on those announcements with new line of solutions designed to help medium and small businesses achieve greater IT efficiency and lower costs. The new portfolio includes:
- Four 11th Generation Dell PowerEdge servers
- Lifecycle Controller 1.2 embedded systems management
- PowerVault NX300 network attached storage (NAS) device
- Dell Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Dell ProConsult services
- All available through Dell or any of the company’s more than 50,000 Global PartnerDirect Channel Partners.
Simple, Reliable and Secure Technology:
People don’t go into business to become IT experts, and they shouldn’t have to be experts to operate systems that help them work efficiently. Technology should just work so you don’t have to worry about it. Your data needs to be safe and there when you need it.
Simple: making technology simple means giving people time back to focus on growing their business. Here is how Dell is doing just that:
- Dell Lifecycle Controller 1.2, simplifies the set-up of new server platforms by automating the operating system installation and saves time by including the right drivers for all the operating systems and components are already on Dell PowerEdge servers so you don’t have to load software from a bunch of CDs.
- The new Dell PowerEdge servers T110 and T310 tower servers and the R210 and R510 rack servers are idea for small businesses, with compact chassis that fit in tight spaces and the right combination of security, basic systems management for easy system monitoring and reliability.
- These servers are equipped with the new Intel Xeon 3400 series processor for the performance necessary to run business workloads with the Microsoft Windows Server® 2008 R2 operating system. The updated OS has enhanced virtualization capabilities with Hyper-V™ with live migration capabilities to easily move virtual machines from one server to another.
- The Dell PowerVault NX300 network attach storage includes Single-Instant Storage deduplication technology to maximize capacity and an intuitive management interface to help deploy in 15 minutes or less. Read more about it in this post by @jgargis.
Reliable: making solutions reliable means keeping all systems and employees productive to get the most out of your IT spend.
- Dell PowerEdge servers come equipped with rugged chassis, solid design, metal hard drive carriers and components to withstand all IT environments and reduce downtime.
- New Dell Uninterruptible Power Supplies provide vital power backup for your IT equipment to reduce down time and protect your data. Read more about Dell UPS on Inside Enterprise IT.
Secure: protecting technology means making sure that a company’s data is always available, especially when it’s needed. Dell provides security features, data storage and support services for data protection, data back-up and recovery to ensure business continuity and to help businesses operate efficiently.
- Dell PowerEdge servers ensure data is protected and readily available with full redundancy and cost effective RAID options that help to prevent data loss by further protecting the way your data is stored on your internal hard drives.
- The PowerEdge T110 tower server and R210 rack server offer the ability to add external eSATA storage directly to ease the transition of data from a desktop or workstation to a first server.
- Dell ProSupport Data Protection Services such as Hard Drive Data Recovery and Certified Data Destruction help organizations protect their business operations by protecting their data through risk mitigation and improved data security.
Antonio Julio, global enterprise director for Dell’s Small and Medium Business group, tells us more about the new products and services in this video.
We are excited to introduce new technology to help people do their jobs more efficiently. Read how we’ve made work more efficient for these customers. We’re looking forward to hearing how Dell has helped you. Tell us your story.