The Dell Cloud Team is once again hitting the road to bring our global cloud message to customers and prospects at CloudExpo West in Santa Clara, CA next week. While we are not hosting a booth, the Dell team will be active in leading sessions, meeting with partners and enterprise IT leaders. If you are interested in spending time with the Dell team please contact me.
The following sessions contain Dell speakers and are highlights of the event for our team:
- Unifying Business and IT – Bursting to the Cloud – Scott Houston, Founder and CEO GreenButton & Stephen Spector, Cloud Evangelist, Dell. Dell and GreenButton will jointly present the business case for cloud computing from an IT perspective. CIOs and IT Directors need to reposition their teams to delivering computing with a strategic mindset as they move to the cloud. In addition, governance is taking a more significant role as operational expenditures require updated financial tracking and management. This session provides the background and information required to gain a better understanding of the value-add partnership between IT and Cloud providers within the organization. [November 5 at 4:25pm]
- Game Changer: High Performance Computing in the Cloud for Everyone – Scott Houston, Founder and CEO GreenButton & Stephen Spector, Cloud Evangelist, Dell. The rapid advancements in cloud computing technology enables access to unlimited access to computing power for anyone with an Internet connection. Leveraging this utility enables high performance computing workloads to maximize the processing potential of a cloud. Nevertheless, the costs can be prohibitive.In this session, CEO and GreenButton founder Scott Houston joins Dell cloud evangelist Stephen Spector to discuss how companies of all size and budgets can best leverage cloud based high performance computing, without breaking the bank. They will also demonstrate the simplicity and cost efficient methodology for running a rendering workload in the cloud in a matter of minutes instead of hours. [November 6 at 8:15 am]
- Convergence: New Approaches to Building and Delivering Cloud Services – Steve Stover, Senior Director of Virtualization and Cloud Solutions, Dell. Converged, integrated infrastructure solutions provide new opportunities for enterprise cloud architects to focus on service by bringing together servers, storage, networking, and management into a single solution, and helping sidestep rising operational costs, legacy infrastructure and growing business demands. See how Dell is helping avoid the pitfalls of many converged options today, which are complex, expensive, incomplete and inflexible. [November 6 at 5:20 pm]
- OpenStack Momentum: Adopters Speak Up – Mike Fountaine, National Director Cloud Solutions, Dell. A founding member of the OpenStack Community, Dell has driven significant interest in and adoption of OpenStack-powered cloud solutions among cloud service providers. Hear from one of them, DreamHost, a pioneer in OpenStack use, to hear why they made this choice, what products and services they’re creating with it and the upcoming Grizzly release with the new Horizon and Keystone components. [November 7at 2:10 pm]
- General Session: Is There a Silver Lining to Cloud – Or Just a Lot of Hot Air? – Michael Cote, Cloud Strategist, Dell. Massive data growth.An aging and inefficient data center infrastructure. A proliferation of new software and a host of costly legacy applications. These are the challenges that business and IT organizations face every day – and cloud computing is often touted as the "magic bullet" that can help businesses cut costs, generate revenue and create new value. But if cloud is the path to business utopia, what's stopping more organizations from making the move? At Dell, we see the tremendous potential of the cloud – but we also know that it doesn't mean anything if you can't get there easily and with the least disruption to your organization. We start from one simple question: What is the business problem you're trying to solve? From there, we help you create simple path to cloud that's based on your strategy and goals – and that leverages your existing technology investments. In this General Session, learn how Dell's open, scalable design focus and end-to-end portfolio of secure cloud solutions can get you on the path to real results. [November 8 at 9:55 am]
As a speaker at the event I will be in attendance and available to meet and talk cloud to better understand your needs in moving forward in the cloud market. Please contact me at email@example.com or @SpectorAtDell to schedule time.