Today, we’re kicking off Dell World with an executive panel, led by none other than our CEO and founder, Michael Dell. Joining him are some of our top brass including CMO Karen Quintos, Steve Schuckenbrock, Brad Anderson, Paul Bell, Steve Felice and Dave Johnson. The panel discussion with 120+ press and industry analysts will cover key topics like Dell’s vision, strategy and will also deep dive on our end-to-end solutions which help customers embrace innovation in the Virtual Era (a key focus for the #DellWorld event this week).
Join in virtually! Watch the Panel Discussion for Press & Analyst streaming live TODAY at 2 pm CST from the Dell channel on Justin.TV.
Dell World event summary: Dell World is the premier event for IT professionals who plan, deploy and manage enterprise technology. Explore the latest strategies for harnessing IT efficiency and unlocking innovation. Join IT leaders and visionaries as they address today's key issues — embracing consumerization and the cloud, harnessing the power of social networking, virtualization and the data deluge.
What's in store for press and analysts at Dell World 2011?
- Interview top executives one-on-one
- Learn about major news announcements
- Participate in preconference media and analysts-specific tracks
- Network with the industry's top thought leaders and visionaries
- Join the VIP reserved seating area for keynotes and general sessions
- Enjoy pressroom facilities with Internet access and phones
- Interview customers, partners and product experts.
Brief Summary of Press Release – Key Takeaways:
- Oct 12 – Michael Dell, Karen Quintos, Brad Anderson, Paul Bell, Steve Felice, Dave Johnson, and Steve Schuckenbrock will kick off Dell World with panel discussion for more than 120 press and analysts registered to attend. The panel will cover key announcements being made at the event, with an emphasis on end-to-end solutions that will help customers embrace innovation in the Virtual Era. The panel will also be broadcast live via Webcast on JustinTV.
- Oct. 12 – Dell will announce new solutions and services aimed at helping customers unlock innovation in the Virtual Era. The new offerings build upon and reinforce Dell’s commitment to invest $1B in FY12 on new solutions and services capabilities.
- Oct. 13 – Michael Dell will welcome attendees to Dell World with an opening keynote session on the key trends impacting IT professionals in the Virtual Era and a look at the ways innovation is fueling the next chapter for cloud computing, data management and mobility. Media activity will include a live interview with Michael Dell on CNBC, taped from Dell World. Dell World will continue an open dialog with customers and industry experts throughout the week with insights from top tech visionaries including Vivek Kundra, former CIO of the United States, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Intel CEO Paul Otellini, VMware CEO, Paul Maritz and Salesforce.com CEO, Mark Benioff. Keynotes from Dell World will also be available over the Web at Dell World Live Online.
See full Dell World press release.
Here’s a sample of recent analyst quotes regarding Dell:
“Through organic investments and strategic acquisitions, Dell has dramatically reshaped itself to be a true enterprise solutions and services organization from the end point to the data center,” said Matt Eastwood, Group Vice President and GM, IDC. “The company has taken consistent and pragmatic steps to help customers solve data center, mobility and cloud computing challenges with a modern architecture . This will serve Dell and its customers well as they look for innovative new technology approaches to drive competitive advantage over the long term.”
“Dell is an ‘end-to-end solutions company,’ Dell said, meaning it too can sell integrated systems that combine hardware and software, through acquisitions of companies like Compellent, Boomi and SecureWorks.” – IDG
The CIOs of four Dell Education customers — Keller Independent School District, University of Kentucky, Hall County Schools and Xavier University — are featured in an article talking about the impact of technology in education and on campus. “[Education CIOs] see their mission as business enablement for school administration, teachers and students.” – FastCompany
With the acquisitions of KACE, Ocarina Networks, InsiteOne, Exanet and Compellent, Dell was named as the most active acquirer in the storage landscape and as a company becoming a one-stop provider of IT in Computerwoche (Germany).
- Hope you can join us today at 2 pm CST virtually to watch the live feed on the Dell channel on Justin.TV.
- Also, be sure to join the conversation on Twitter via the #DellWorld hashtag.
- Additionally, we’ll be posting photos to our Dell Official page on Flickr.
- Virtual Press Kit online: www.dell.com/dellworldpress.