I am excited to present Dell’s newest generation of systems and Microsoft’s systems management tools. Over the last 25 years, Dell and Microsoft have worked together to develop innovative complete solutions that combine the best of our hardware, software and services. Together, we are doing great things.
We recently announced Dell’s PowerEdge 12th Generation servers that deliver groundbreaking performance and manageability. Aligned with System Center 2012, these servers provide a customer-inspired, intelligent infrastructure engineered to run business faster and more efficiently. Together, our solutions simplify management of your cloud environment, accelerate cloud migration and lower migration risks.
Designed for efficiency – powered by innovation
Dell is a leader in systems management innovation. We worked closely with Microsoft to pinpoint the technology factors that can hamper the implementation of virtual era solutions – flexibility, scalability, storage, I/O, systems management – and have designed our servers and systems management tools to mitigate them. We leveraged our experiences across thousands of customers to build powerful virtualization, cloud, networking and storage solutions that are quick to install and easy to manage.
Our systems management solutions include:
- Embedded server management. Dell first delivered embedded server management in our PowerEdge 11th generation servers in 2009. Our 2nd generation embedded management feature, Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) 7 with Lifecycle Controller, automates deployment, updates, monitoring and maintenance of Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers.
- Agent-free systems management. iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller enables comprehensive management of Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers without requiring installation of a systems management software agent, and servers can be managed even if the operating system is down. Agent-free systems management allows you to manage your servers uniformly regardless of the operating system or hypervisor.
- Tight integration with third party management frameworks. Our systems management tools support the management consoles and methods you are already using. We work with Microsoft and other leading systems management vendors to ensure that Dell hardware is easily managed in multivendor environments.
- Client management tools. Dell provides useful tools to configure, deploy, monitor and update the full range of Dell Precision, OptiPlex and Latitude systems regardless of your chosen management infrastructure.
- vPro Extensions for clients. Dell and Intel have created unique vPro functionality for Dell vPro-enabled Dell Precision, OptiPlex and Latitude systems that allow batch management of BIOS settings and battery parameters even when systems are turned off.
- Dell KACE Enterprise Ready Solutions. These appliance-based solutions easily enhance an organization’s existing investment in System Center Configuration Manager. They are ideal for organizations that are supporting Windows, Mac and Linux, have multiple remote locations under management, have completed acquisitions and need immediate hardware and software inventory or want to augment tasks such as patching 3rd party applications.
Dell offers high performance, flexible and efficient IT management. We support you from purchase to implementation and beyond. Dell has a portfolio of full lifecycle services and provides world class technical support.
Dell and Microsoft systems management – enhanced solutions for 2012
Through our longstanding alliance with Microsoft and years of collaboration, we have developed an exceptional suite of system management tools designed to streamline, automate and simplify management of Dell hardware. We will be updating our solutions to offer enhanced hardware management functionality integrated with System Center 2012.
- vStart – System Center 2012 Fast Track – Dell will deliver larger, highly scalable and enterprise-class vStart solutions that will be Microsoft System Center 2012 Fast Track validated in the near future. Dell vStart with System Center 2012 will provide customers a rapid path to deploying and managing private clouds. The Dell vStart 200m is currently Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track validated.
- Dell OpenManage – Only Dell OpenManage provides automated, agent-free, hardware management with Microsoft System Center in a multi-vendor OS and hypervisor environments. These tools facilitate end-to-end management of Dell servers, increase IT productivity and reduce the number of consoles required to manage hardware, operating systems, applications and IT services. OpenManage Essentials is a free server monitoring tool that now links with Dell KACE System Management Appliances to enable management and monitoring of servers. In addition, the entire portfolio of Dell OpenManage Integration Suite Tools will be updated to offer enhanced hardware management functionality using System Center 2012.
- Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager 5.5.5 – Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager simplifies network storage management by providing a single, centralized console for the administration of multiple local and remote Storage Center SANs. Users can configure and verify remote replication processes, monitor storage capacity and disk utilization in real time, and generate comprehensive enterprise storage usage and performance reports. Enterprise Manager 5.5.5 launched in April 2012 and includes SMI-S provider for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager.
- AIM and System Center 2012 Orchestrator – Dell is also delivering an updated version of the Dell AIM integration pack to support System Center 2012 and the new features of the AIM 3.5 release such as multi-tenancy. This integration leverages AIM Web services APIs to extend AIM’s functionality by working with System Center 2012, and it combines the workflow automation capabilities offered by System Center with the data center management capabilities of AIM. This new adaptor enables systems administrators to build complex System Center 2012 workflows that include tasks to be executed by Dell AIM and System Center components.
- Client integrations (Dell Precision, OptiPlex and Latitude support SC 2012) – In addition to the OpenManage client packs noted above, all management tools provided by Dell have been qualified for use with System Center 2012 to configure, deploy, monitor and update all current Dell Precision, OptiPlex and Latitude systems.
Dell @ MMS 2012
We are thrilled to be a Platinum Sponsor at the Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) 2012, April 16-20th, in Las Vegas, NV. We are excited to share the latest features and capabilities of Dell’s Microsoft solution portfolio!
At MMS 2012, we will give customers streamlined insights into Dell’s Microsoft Management Solutions and Services Portfolio. MMS 2012 attendees will meet our leading Dell MMS experts and learn about our products and services that optimize IT management.
Our booth highlights the following areas:
- Infrastructure Consulting Services —Dell’s best of breed services offerings speed time to value
- Client End Point Management —Dell lowers total cost of ownership by simplifying and automating lifecycle management
- Data Center Infrastructure Management —Dell system management tools integrate with Microsoft System Center to provide greater flexibility, better resource utilization and process automation.
- Virtualization Management —Dell’s virtualization and Private Cloud Fast Track solutions help build a platform for cloud and ITaaS while leveraging existing knowledge and investments.
MMS attendees can schedule time to visit 1X1 with Dell and can learn more from our technical experts during booth presentations. Dell is leading six breakout sessions at the event to share insights on our system management tools, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and accelerating the journey to the private cloud.
Visit Inside Enterprise IT to read how you can simplify the private cloud with Dell Compellent and Microsoft Systems Center 2012 as well as how Dell is putting customers first with industry firsts at MMS.
To learn more, please contact your Dell sales representative or visit us online at: