Back in April, Dell announced that it was making a billion dollar investment to further drive its evolution from a systems to a services company. Specifically we talked about delivering a raft of new solutions, launching 10 cloud data centers around the world and building out a global network of solutions centers.
The solution centers are customer facing facilities that will act as a “living lab” providing an environment and the support for customers to architect, build and test proof of concepts involving Dell products, services and solutions. The centers will also support solution integration, technical briefings and validation and ISV certification to meet regional requirements. Last month the first of these centers were opened in Limerick, Ireland and Shanghai.
This morning the first US solutions center opened at Dell HQ here in Austin. Here is a short montage of the opening ceremonies.
- The crowd
- (0:16) Opening Remarks: Jan Uhrich VP of Dell Services
- (1:12) Steve Schuckenbrock, President, Dell Services — How the center fits in Dell’s strategy and transformation
- (3:51) Paul Bell, President Dell Public and Large Enterprise — A couple of customer examples of large organizations who had early access to the facility and what they accomplished.
- (6:26) William Collins, Head of the Austin Solution Center — The next two centers to open in the U.S.
- (7:3o) Ribbon cutting
After the ribbon cutting I took the tour to see some of the solutions on display. I’ll be posting those in the days to come. Stay tuned!
- Dell will let customers test its cloud services at new Round Rock center
- Dell’s first global Solution Center opens in Limerick
- Dell’s first Asia Pacific-based Solution Center opens in Shanghai
- Dell’s Billion Dollar Baby