Next week, we will be at Black Hat | USA 2014: Something Strange in the Neighborverse, with some of the world’s greatest masterminds who define the security universe.
This event, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, is one of the most popular and sophisticated security events ever, delivering the latest in information security research, developments and trends. Expert researchers will conduct briefings and trainings on their research and recent hacking behavior of the world’s constant evolving threats.
As we hear from our customers every day, invasions and cyber espionage not only attack networks, stealing corporate and personal data in order take over IT infrastructures, but the underworld also works diligently to detect new weaknesses. These efforts cause havoc and compromise all sorts of entities from global satellites to home thermostats. Dell solutions will be showcasing our award-winning next-generation firewalls, security services, data encryption and malware prevention solutions in booth #941 on the Expo floor from Wednesday, August 6 to Thursday August 7. Check out how we help our customers thwart cyber criminals.
What is the allure of Black Hat?
The dynamic keynote speaker, Dan Geer, will shed light on: Cybersecurity as RealPolitik. Enterprise threats, mobile threats, satellite vulnerabilities and payment threats are just a few of the topics to be discussed; ZDNet provided a great overview. Even Hollywood’s Chris Hemsworth and Michael Mann are in on the action on the upcoming film, ‘Blackhat’. And of course there is the challenge – and the risk – of falling victim to the Black Hat researchers and pen-testers.
How can Dell Security help at Black Hat?
Our goal is to help our customers stay protected and ahead of today’s treacherous, ever-changing cyber-attacks. As a preferred vector of attack for targeted threats, endpoints present a serious vulnerability to your network. You can combat the threat at the endpoint and you stop the intruder’s eventual movement across your environment and limit your response exposure.
Our security experts will demonstrate how to implement robust and comprehensive solutions to achieving deeper network security and application control, without compromising performance. Dell Security’s "Super Massively Scalable Network Firewall Architecture” enables enterprise customers to:
- Scale-out above 72Gbps of deep packet inspection (DPI) at near-zero latency
- Solves complex and demanding Data Center, Carrier and ISP security operations
- Achieve best price/performance and up to 70 percent lower TCO
- Delivers single-pass, low latency, RFDPI engine
- Have Integrated intrusion Prevention System (IPS) with advanced anti-evasion capabilities
- Scan all traffic and decrypt and inspect every SSL-encrypted connection
Dell Client Solutions Security:
- Dell Data Protection | Cloud Edition protects company data from any device to public clouds like Dropbox, Box, and One Drive. Recently, Dell announced a partnership with Dropbox for Business where customers can now enjoy the key features and functionality offered in Dropbox for Business while maintaining compliance requirements and gaining additional IT control.
- Dell’s most secure commercial PCs are bundled with our Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace solution which isolates malware in a secure virtual container blocking the infection from affecting end user data.
- Dell received the world’s first FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification for commercial PCs with DDP | Hardware Crypto Accelerator.
Dell SecureWorks Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection Services (AETD):
As a preferred vector of attack for targeted threat actors, endpoints present a serious vulnerability to your network. Combat the threat at the endpoint and you stop the actor’s eventual movement across your environment and limit your response exposure. Employing proprietary CTU Endpoint Intelligence, the Dell SecureWorks Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection service gives you the earliest possible warning that your endpoints may be hosting an advanced adversary. The service heightens your security situational awareness by warning you when endpoints may have been compromised and accelerates remediation efforts by pinpointing exactly which systems are compromised, how they were compromised, and how you can repair them.
As a gold sponsor, we are part of Black Hat’s passport promo; you can pick up a passport at registration and take it with you on the Expo floor to enter to win a Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet.
Tune in via Twitter #BlackHat2014 and follow @DellSecureWorks, @DellSecurity, @DellSoftware. If you want a head start, you can demo our security products online by visiting our Live Demo site.