That’s right, starting today, the Dell Streak pocket tablet is coming to Canada with service from Rogers Communications. The Dell Streak will retail for $149.99 with a 3-year voice and data plan and available at Rogers retail stores, Rogers.com and direct from Dell at www.Dell.com.ca.
With this rollout, Canada joins the UK, the United States, Australia and India to become the most recent country where we've officially launched it. What’s a Dell Streak? This unique pocket tablet offers some of the best on-the-go entertainment, navigation and social connectivity in a pocket friendly size.
Check out some of its features:
- Android 1.6 platform, and capable of over the air updates
- 5-inch Gorilla glass display creates a high quality damage resistant display
- Fast processing power with 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Two cameras allow users the flexibility to capture the moment by photo or video chat
- Integrated A-GPS and e-compass enables Location-Based Services (LBS) applications for personal navigation w/real time maps.
Before I forget…Check out my blog post from last week. Dell attended SEMA, known as one of the world’s premier automotive specialty products trade shows. If there’s one trade I’ve “ALWAYS” wanted to attend this is it. At the event, Dell announced a collaborative project with Clemson University-International Center for Automotive Research graduate students and staff. Our Engineering Solutions team and Clemson showed a new vehicle infotainment application using the Dell Streak in a hybrid concept car. Pretty sweet…You’ll also see a new Streak TV commercial embedded in the blog.