Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
A renewed focus on innovation which includes a $300 million venture fund to invest in start-ups, a global partnership with Dropbox and jointly engineer enterprise-grade, private cloud solutions with Red Hat, are all part of Dell’s strategy as a private company, as discussed by Brian Gladden, chief financial officer, Dell.
Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia
Serving as a national model for the use of education technology in the classroom, one of the most prominent technology-infused schools in the U.S., the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia, will be one of the first to deploy the Dell Chromebook 11, replacing their Apple laptops.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell EMM to allow admins to manage Android and iOS devices – Dec 13, 2013
Offering a unified solution for mobility, Dell has helped to simplify the BYOD challenge for businesses with the introduction of Dell Enterprise Mobility Manager. Announced at Dell World, the solution breaks down the barriers between different devices and operating systems while protecting the security interests of a business.
Dell Innovates Again by Making Entrepreneurship Its Cause – Dec 11, 2013
By supporting entrepreneurship as both a business strategy and a corporate philosophy, Dell is proving that big businesses can play a significant role in building economies by helping entrepreneurs do what they do best: create jobs, innovate, and increase trade.
Bold New Dell Emerges As A Private Company – Dec 16, 2013
Investment priorities, innovation initiatives, and life after privatization were key talking points at Dell World last week. Partners, customers, industry analysts, media, and special guests Elon Musk, founder of Tesla and SpaceX, and Randi Zuckerberg, CEO of Zuckerberg Media, attended the three-day event.
Why Two-in-Ones Are the Future of Laptop Computing – Dec 16, 2013
With the introduction of convertible ultrabooks, the definition of a laptop is getting cloudy, but innovative 2-in-1 devices provide the best of both worlds. The Dell Venue 11 Pro performs very well as a tablet and, when paired with the keyboard, works just like a laptop.
NHS trusts 'struggling' to optimise digital patient records – Dec 17, 2013
As National Health Service Trusts face pressure from the U.K. government to work towards a paperless healthcare environment, Dr. Andrew Litt, chief medical officer, Dell, has discussed the benefits of partnering with organizations such as Dell to ensure their IT systems can support this revolution.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Dec 13 – Dec 20)
- Project Abby Helps Autism Community with Dell Education Challenge Prize
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love IPv6
- Dell Social Net Advocacy Program wins two Social Media Leadership Awards
- Taking Systems Management Simplicity to the Next Level with KACE
- Security Silos are Uncool; Connected Security is Cool
Press Release(s) (Dec 6 – Dec 20)
- Dell Delivers Next-Generation Storage and Networking Solutions to Redefine Data Center Economics and Improve Campus Performance
- Dell’s Continued Software Innovation Empowers Customers to Tackle BYOD, Big Data and Security Concerns
- Dell Delivers World-Class Channel Programs Giving Partners Bigger Profit Opportunity Than Even Before
- Dell Chromebook 11 Gives Students and Teachers Affordable, Easy Access to Technology at School and Home
- Dell and Google to Help Developers and Businesses thrive in a Cloud-Based, Mobile-Driven World
- Dell and Dropbox Partner to Help Businesses Embrace the Evolving Workforce
- Dell Brings CenturyLink into the Dell Cloud Partner Program, Enabling Customers Worldwide to Harness the Power of Public Cloud
- Dell and Red Hat to Co-Engineer Enterprise-Grade, OpenStack Private Cloud Solutions
- Dell and Accenture Sign Agreement to Deliver Cloud and Security Solutions, Application Management Services to Mid-Market and Select Enterprise Customers
- Dell Expands its Commitment to Entrepreneurship and Innovation with $300 Million Strategic Innovation Venture Fund
- Dell Services Helps Customers in Highly Regulated Industries Adapt to Changes and Innovate for the Future
- Dell and Microsoft Strengthen Alliance to Help Customers Take Full Advantage of Public Cloud
- Dell Technology Helps Position Academy of Art University at the Forefront of Innovation