Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Pitch Slam >> Austin startup to pitch at Dell World
A ‘pitch slam’ where startups can pitch Michael Dell, the U.K. expansion of the Dell Center for Entrepreneurs, and the installation of a global entrepreneurial advisory board, were some of the initiatives announced by Dell during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Dubai Culture and Arts Authority
Dell Enhances Dubai Culture’s Technology – Nov 18, 2013
By upgrading its technology, Dubai Culture, the city’s governing body for the arts, is now able to support more artists, art lovers and its growing library, thanks to a solution from Dell which includes Force10 network connectivity, PowerEdge Blade Servers for server virtualization, EqualLogic storage and Dell SonicWALL security.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Multi-touch Monitor For Desktop: Is It Necessary? – Nov 11, 2013
Featuring a 60 degree tilt capability as well as a built-in USB hub, instantaneous touch response and accurate colors, the Dell P2714T Touch Monitor does not topple easily due to its sturdiness and excellent build quality, and is reminiscent of an all-in-one desktop.
What You Can Learn from Michael Dell's Bad Press – Nov 19, 2013
Highlighting the importance of social monitoring and data analytics in enabling businesses to stay close to the customer, Dell CMO Karen Quintos has detailed the company’s customer-centric marketing strategy as it begins its next chapter.
The Clash of Generations Reshapes the Workplace – Nov 12, 2013
Exploring the dynamics of the evolving workforce, Jim Stikeleather, chief innovation officer, Dell Services, has said organizations need to find ways to release creativity, problem solving and the innovation in order to be socially enabled.
Dell’s Legacy of Good – Nov 15, 2013
As a part of the company’s 2020 “Legacy of Good Plan,” Dell has set “aggressive” targets spanning the environment, communities and its people in an effort to cement its leadership position as a responsible IT company. Ganesh Lakshminarayanan, vice president, Commercial Sales Operations, Dell APJ and executive sponsor for Dell’s Giving Initiatives in India, has outlined Dell India’s plans.
Dell offers free office and tech to 'start-ups in residence' – Nov 20, 2013
To provide U.K. start-ups with access to mentoring, business networks and financing for technology, and following the success of the U.S. version of the scheme, Dell has launched the Dell U.K. Center for Entrepreneurs, including a £10 million “Innovators Credit Fund” to help entrepreneurs secure financing for growth-critical technology.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Nov 16 – Nov 22)
- Your Guide to Dell Holiday Deals!
- Supercomputing 2013: How Dell is accelerating research initiatives for customers around the globe
- Three things you need to know if you’re considering flash storage
- Big Data’s New Impacts on the Customer Relationship
- Protection and Productivity During the Holiday Buying Season
Press Release(s) (Nov 16 – Nov 22)
- Research Institutions Push the Boundaries of Supercomputing with Dell
- Dell Software Offers Tips for Empowering Business Users to Embrace DIY SharePoint Customization
- Dell Announces Global Expansion of Center for Entrepreneurs
- Dell Grants nearly $2.4 Million to Support Youth Learning, STEM Education and ICT Skills Training in Underserved Communities across America
- Dell and lifeIMAGE Provide Aspen Valley Hospital a Leg Up on Managing and Sharing Medical Images
- Dell Helps Customers Meet Their Holiday Match with Unprecedented Offers on Tablets and PCs
- Dell Recognized by KLAS Research for Top Performance Ratings among Vendor-Neutral Archive Companies