Dell Weekly Recap: News & Product Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
"The PC is not dead," says excited Michael Dell at shock Technology Camp appearance
Michael Dell has spoken of Dell’s transition to a private company at Dell Tech Camp 2013 in Paris. He stressed that the transformation will enable Dell to be more agile and increase its ability to tap into the firm’s original “entrepreneurial roots.”
Canberra Primary School
Singapore School Engages Students with Game-Based Learning – Oct 14, 2013
Canberra Primary School in Singapore has revamped its virtual learning environment, applying game-based learning and providing an experiential platform for students to collaborate and engage with each other.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Dell’s Green IT Growth Path: Paving the Way for SMBs – Oct 15, 2013
By reducing packaging waste, increasing the use of recycled plastic, expanding employee telecommuting, growing its EPEAT program and doubling green energy use, Dell is making it easier for customers to be green.
Computer giant Dell rolls out new PCs and tablets – Oct 16, 2013
Rolling out a suite of new products including a 4K monitor to a $499 touchscreen notebook, Dell heads into the holiday buying season with an impressive portfolio.
Elon Musk to speak at Dell event in December – Oct 21, 2013
Providing insight into innovative technologies, Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors Inc. and founder of Space Exploration Technologies Corp. will be the keynote speaker on Dec. 12 at Dell World 2013.
Dell: Our Workstations Can Be Apple Killers – Oct 23, 2013
Designed to meet the needs of digital content creators, the Dell Precision M3800, the thinnest and lightest 15-inch mobile workstation blending beautiful design with uncompromising performance, was announced at Dell Technology Camp in Paris yesterday with Linkin Park providing a behind scenes look into the role Dell Precision workstations played in the creation of their latest music video, “A Light That Never Comes.”
Customers find silver lining in cloud control – Oct 21, 2013
Owing to data security fears, government and enterprises in UAE are opting for private, rather than public services. Basil Ayaas, marketing director, Dell Middle East, has outlined how private cloud services enable such organizations to maintain higher security and control.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell Posts (Oct 19 – Oct 25)
- Time to update those Wish Lists – new Dell Venue tablets & XPS 15 laptop now available
- The “Weight” is over. The First Thin & Light Mobile Workstation
- Security Best Practices for BYOD and Beyond
- Momentum for Dell NAS solutions accelerates with the FluidFS v3 and FS8600
- Managing the new era of mobile devices in the workplace
Press Release(s) (Oct 19 – Oct 25)
- Dell Delivers Ultra-Thin and Light True Mobile Workstation Blending Beautiful Design with Uncompromising Performance
- School Districts Connect Students and Educators to Digital Learning Environments with Innovative Dell Infrastructure Solutions
- Dell PowerEdge VRTX Gains Momentum and Receives Accolades from Customers Worldwide
- Dell Delivers Connected Security Vision with Innovative Solutions and Capabilities
- Businesses Turn to Dell and SAP to Access Critical Data in Seconds for Real Competitive Advantage
- Dell Software Helps Businesses Overcome the Challenges of Web 2.0 and AJAX Performance Monitoring
- Dell Appoints Anand Sankaran to lead Dell Services’ Infrastructure and Cloud Computing Business