Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
A Shot at the 'American Dream' of Entrepreneurship – Huffington Post, April 23, 2013
A rise in the number of women-owned businesses and increasing the talent pool are both essential for global economic growth. Jennifer J. Davis, executive director of global consumer, SMB and brand communications, Dell, has outlined how Dell, through the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network (DWEN), and its partnerships with organizations such as the UN Foundation, governments and universities, is committed to this cause with the target of aiding one million women entrepreneurs globally by 2015.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Contemplating Friday: Airbrushing Our Lives – TechPageOne, April 19, 2013
What do we lose when we airbrush not only our photos but our lives in social media? Other than five pounds of course.
Botnets Target Social Networks with Spam – CSO, April 22, 2013
The short lifespan of phony profiles, or “bots,” on social media networks is not deterring spammers from continuing to work their scams. Don Jackson, counter threat unit (CTU) senior security researcher, Dell SecureWorks, outlined how scam artists have their activity “down to a science.”
Phishing Gangs Exploit Videos of Boston, West Texas – USA Today, April 19, 2013
Massive volumes of malicious spam intended to propagate computer viruses by inducing people to click on infected YouTube links of the Boston bombing saga and the Texas fertilizer plant explosion were detected and blocked by Dell SecureWorks.
The launch of Dell’s ProSupport Enterprise Suite has continued to generate media interest, reinforcing the organization’s role in delivering innovation and removing mobility obstacles.
Dell Piloting Sustainable Living Facility On Its Texas Headquarters – TechTaffy, April 18, 2013
Designed with the aim of teaching team members about sustainable gardening and healthy living, Dell launched a new eco-learning center at its headquarters campus
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (Apr 20 – Apr 26)
- Powering the Possible on Earth Day
- Dell updates XPS 10 tablet with an AT&T 4G LTE option to stay connected on the go
- Ensuring your next step in BYOD is the right one with Dell Mobility Solutions
- Dell NetReady launches in Europe offering pre-installed mobile connectivity for selected consumer and commercial laptops and tablets
- Chinese Social Search Engine achieves 120% return on their data center investment
Press Release(s) (Apr 20 – Apr 26)
- Dell’s Flexible IT Solutions Help Accelerate Growth of Firms in Law Industry
- Dell Receives 2013 Confirmit ACE (Achievement in Customer Excellence) Award
- Flexible WorkStyle Consulting from Dell Services Unleashes the Power of an Innovative, Remote and Mobile Workforce
- Dell Further Enables Self-Service BI with Toad Business Intelligence Suite
- Dell Accelerates Customers’ BYOD Initiatives with New Portfolio of Mobility Solutions
- Dell Services Launches the Dell ProSupport Enterprise Suite to Help Customers Improve Performance of Critical Systems, Increase Productivity and Reduce Downtime